Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i know this may sound weird and pretty gross like "whaaaaaat? Your pit loves your crotch?" but yes it is true. I have a 4 month old blue pit named piston and he obsessed woth my crotch! If i leave any of my clothes were he can get to them he chews the crotch out. I notice that its when im on/ near my time of the month and its pretty weird. Has anyone had a problem like this before? Is this normal behavior for them?

·
Super Moderator
5,358 Posts
First, welcome to the forum and thanks for the pic.
Next, yes it is normal. Think of what two dogs do when they get together, first thing they do is smell each others crotches. It is a source of information for them. When you are having "your time of the month" it is a change in smell for the dog and they are more curious. You have to remember that a dogs sense of smell is 1,000 to 10,000, depending on the breed, more powerful then humans. Dogs don't differentiate you as a human, you are just part of the pack.

That being said, the dog can and should be trained not to sniff your or anyone else's crotch. It can be anywhere from annoying to embarrassing depending on the situation. As far as the dog chewing the crotch out of your clothes, don't leave them where he can get to them is the easiest solution. Obviously, he is not doing this while your are present so just make sure the clothes are in a place that he has no access to.
FWIW, it's not only male dogs that will do this, female dogs will do the same thing.

Joe

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
My kids have lost more pairs of underwear than I can count. All the dogs will munch a pair of panties at any opportunity. They do keep their heads out of crotches, though.

LOL.. your post gave me a chuckle, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts