Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My female is 47 days prego and runs around and plays and loves to jump up on things! Will that hurt her pups being that active?

Reactions: angelbaby

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I would start controlling her at this point on , do calmer activities . Leashed walks are always good, you want her fit and active it will help during delivery . Out of shape dogs wil typically have a harder time during delivery so you dont want that. But on the other hand if she is jumping around and playing rough that can trigger ealry labour or her water may prematurely break , pups born even a week early can be fatal they are pregnant for such a short time compared to humans every week is important. I think we started at day 50 with our girls seperating them from the other dogs, and monitoring there activity closer. Did you read that link I gave you in the other thread? It has a ton of info in it on everything to do with pregnancy . in a week or so you will want to start taking temps so you can get her base temp so you notice when it starts to change.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help. And can u repost that so i can get on and read things. I went back to look at it on my old thread and i cant find that thread

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shes havin 8 and im keepin 2 and the rest already have homes just waitn for them to be born:)

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Hope your going to S/N before allowing these mutts to go to homes..

·
End-F0rum-Communism
717 Posts
Like angel said, dont let her be doing alot of activities, its just like with pregnant women. Feed her well, make sure she gets her nutrients, so her pups can be born well and healthy.

Good luck!!

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
There NOT mutts there pure bred
Oh thats right!

Either way i hope your going to S/N them 'purebred APBTs' because all they are is pet worthy and wont be BREEDING worthy..

Reactions: pitbullmamanatl

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Oh thats right!

Either way i hope your going to S/N them 'purebred APBTs' because all they are is pet worthy and wont be BREEDING worthy..
KM.....you don't even know the half of it :hammer:

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Thanks to the people for actually givin me advice and the help.
You have been given some excellent advice.... SPAY AND NEUTER ALL PUPPIES! The mere fact you have been posting up the questions that you have tells me that you have no idea WTF you are doing. I find it funny that you bred your dog and have six or seven homes lined up for them and you know that you are keeping 2 of them. WHY? What was your purpose in breeding your dog? Do you show dogs? Do you have working dogs? You have yet to say what your vision is for this breeding nor have I seen pedigrees or even a picture of the bitch or sire. Did you just wake up one morning and decide, "Hey I think I'm going to go breed my "purebred pit bull. All the cool kids are doing it so I should too." It baffles me how many people think their dog is breeding quality and make it their mission in life to breed their dog because they think it is cool. I know I have a lot of friends and family, but none of them have any business owning a dog with drive I and I would never try to place a dog in the home of one of my friends especially if I was your age because most 18-year-olds are all over the place, whether it be college, work, parties, whatever.

I guess it is what it is and what's done is done I just hope you do the right thing and FIX ALL PUPPIES BEFORE THEY LEAVE YOUR CARE.

Your welcome!

LMMFAO KM, you kill me!

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
now you know there will be no unvailing !!! too scared

there will be no posted peds, pics, or punctuation from luv4pitbulls :)

sorry to disappoint the viewers .....

Reactions: aus_staffy

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
How old is the pregnant bitch? It could be just the angle of your avatar pic but she looks like a pup herself.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if its only her second heat and she was bred! I'm not expecting to see any peds or pictures of the sire and dam! Thank you for contributing to the already Overwhelming population of pit bulls in shelters that you love so much!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.