Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have observed other pitbull snouts ..i can see that mine has longer one ..i just want ur opinions .. and my pit doesent have white mark on his chest .. does these mean my pit is not pure bred?..

·
Original Prankster
13,927 Posts
Well you need papers from a registry to know if your dog is pure bred or not, colors or markings are meaningless. Do you have any pics of your pup? You may be used to seeing Bullies, I have noticed that many American Bullies have shorter muzzles that the original APBT.

·
Original Prankster
13,927 Posts
Looks like a pitty to me, I don't see anything wrong with the length of the muzzle at all look at my boy his is about the same length as your pup. :)

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Is his right front leg always that turned out when he's standing or is he just standing funny? It looks fine in the last pic but it might be just because you're holding him.

·
Original Prankster
13,927 Posts
Thank you very much. He just turned 2 on Halloween. I think your pup looks totally normal, not long at all :) I love that fact that he's pure brindle too very beautiful :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no, his feet is not like that at all . .he moves a lot thats why he looks like that in the pic..
btw ..how do you improve your pit's muscles/cuts?. , my pup is almost 4months old now ..what should i do to improve his cuts and gain a lil more weight

·
Original Prankster
13,927 Posts
Right now he is a bit to young for conditioning but nice walks and playing fetch will help build up that nice lean muscle :) Just don't over do it he is still very young and you don't want to strain him.

I'm a chick by the way ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i see .. how about the diet? ,.how do i improve his weight ..my puppy is a bit skinny ..i want to improve his weight..i already dewormed him ..but the back part of his stomach nearing his tail..doesnt improve to grow.just too thin ..only his stomach increases . .is this normal?

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Yeah, mate, like kg says, he's too young for any conditioning. I'd leave him to just be a puppy until he's at least a year old. Walks and general play is cool for now.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Yeah, mate that sounds fine. People have different ideas on diet. Personally, I've fed raw (kangaroo or chicken mince) with some vegies from a pup up to adulthood. Some people feed once a day, I feed twice. Up to you really. I'm not really up to speed with different feeds but very occasionally I give them Natural Balance Working Dog (not for pups) food. I don't know whats available in the Philippines.

·
Premium Member
5,098 Posts
Walking is good for your pup, just not any serious running or heavy conditioning, but walking is actually a good way to get them used to walking on a leash and teach them manners while they are still small.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what veggies do u give ?..i feed my puppy with hi protein dog food and mix it with cooked beef and a lil bit of rice in it..the problem is ...and i have observed at the back of his ribs..near the tail ..its really thin ..its like when he's really full his tummy bloats..i dewormed him regularly ..but just the same ..is this because he is still recovering from amoeba?. he had it when he was at least 2months old..

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
He doesn't look all that skinny to me. He looks more like he's going through that awkward "in-between" puppy stage where they kind of go out of proportion for a bit before they settle down.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts