Go Pitbull Forums banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,362 Posts
Yeah, mate that sounds fine. People have different ideas on diet. Personally, I've fed raw (kangaroo or chicken mince) with some vegies from a pup up to adulthood. Some people feed once a day, I feed twice. Up to you really. I'm not really up to speed with different feeds but very occasionally I give them Natural Balance Working Dog (not for pups) food. I don't know whats available in the Philippines.
ALL :goodpost: ings!!

Just adding that dogs like Honeybunch was a snipey b*tch until she filled out, and there are many snipey OFRN and many snipey Tombstone/Chavis/Bass dogs come out really snipey too... Thats just one of the Characteristics.. The bulldog head and the terrier head both spawned from pit dogs of a millinea ago; its only natural that they still would and do evolve and are thrown out of such litters..

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,362 Posts
when the dog is 1.5yrs is the safest and best time to start excercising him/her by running miles and mouth work and so on and so on. Find some working dog regiments and work your dog to point of which you like, since your in the Phillipines than wild hog meat and fish is the best thing you can give your dog, mixed with rice and blended minced veggies, your dog should look like a million bucks! Good luck and hope you stick around, good forum, good people, lots of information to any question you got. Thanks for being an APBT enthusiast!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
when the dog is 1.5yrs is the safest and best time to start excercising him/her by running miles and mouth work and so on and so on. Find some working dog regiments and work your dog to point of which you like, since your in the Phillipines than wild hog meat and fish is the best thing you can give your dog, mixed with rice and blended minced veggies, your dog should look like a million bucks! Good luck and hope you stick around, good forum, good people, lots of information to any question you got. Thanks for being an APBT enthusiast!

-----sir firehazard . .what kind of fish usaully can be fed ?..can any fish do? . .what i hear from people here in the philippines is that ..dogs are allergic to fish ..not quite sure if that it true.. i need all of ur expert opinions on this heheh ..
tnx for replying to my post sir

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,362 Posts
tawilis (freshwater sardines)
Tilapia mossambica
Bisugo

are the only freshwater fish in your area I know of that are edible; If you feed salwater fish general rule of thumb is the more scales the fish has the better the meat; heavily scaled fish. STAY AWAY FROM MOLLUSKS SNAILS INVERTEBRATES! Ya'll have a good supply of game c*cks too chicken in the raw is good.. RAW .. Dogs can't eat cooked bones from pork or chicken and cooked beef bones arent the best. Dogs can digest almost every bone raw. If I was in your area, Id be feedin processed wild pig, fish, chicken, veggies and dogs. If your dog is allergic to fish, his symptoms may not be as obvious as vomiting or diarrhea. He may scratch his skin, rub his head or scratch his ears, which indicate a food allergy. Although we have heard so much about the importance of omega-3 fatty acid in the news, it is important to know whether your dog can handle quantities of fish in his diet or needs to obtain his omega-3 from other sources.
When using an elimination diet for your dog, it works well to prepare ingredients ahead of time and keep them in the refrigerator for mealtime; they can be heated or not. Already-prepared brown rice should be on hand to mix into your dog's food to provide fiber and help ease her bowel, particularly if she has experienced diarrhea, flatulence and upset stomach due to a fish or other food allergy.. dogs can talk so be mindful and best of wishes to you and your endevors. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
wow thanks for the research sir....i havent tried feeding my puppy fish yet ..but i will ..thanks sir .. i will feed him raw fish ..and observe if he will have allergies..i hope not ..and is it ok if i mix raw beef or chicken with dogfood and rice?..and btw this is one of the questions i really want to ask . are dogs allergic to chicken skin?..

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,362 Posts
Some dogs do have an allergy to chicken, and poultry of any sorts just as some are allergic to fish... Thats why I really promote wild pigs, great for dogs.. Goat meat is really good too! Yeah you can mix all that in with his kibble to get him used to it and then wean off of kibble except when traveling and you should see him turn out really well... In HI we fed alot of pig,goat, poultry, fish,veggies, and rice... I figure ya to have similar resources.
No worries your more than welcome, dont freak if your dog eats grabs a raw chicken or fish or any animal as long as its not contaminated or spoiled meat, just dont let him kill anything and eat it, then he will want to kill and eat. Find what works best for you and your dog :pup:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Some dogs do have an allergy to chicken, and poultry of any sorts just as some are allergic to fish... Thats why I really promote wild pigs, great for dogs.. Goat meat is really good too! Yeah you can mix all that in with his kibble to get him used to it and then wean off of kibble except when traveling and you should see him turn out really well... In HI we fed alot of pig,goat, poultry, fish,veggies, and rice... I figure ya to have similar resources.
No worries your more than welcome, dont freak if your dog eats grabs a raw chicken or fish or any animal as long as its not contaminated or spoiled meat, just dont let him kill anything and eat it, then he will want to kill and eat. Find what works best for you and your dog :pup:
Wants to join you in obtaining wild pig lol:clap:

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,362 Posts
Im in bear country ;) you'll have to look for someone in pig country for that... I moved passed pigs, when I moved to North Idaho. There are Pigs out in the plains below the bitteroots and out the high plains of the mts.. when we come acrossed one we will harvest it too. But these mtn critters are strong and smart they watch and climb watch and climb, Im hunting with a pair, I use Turk my bulldog construct, and Laika my Karelian Bear Dog.

Im actually thinking of going south like OKLA or TX, thats the best hog huntin in the US pretty much.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,362 Posts
eyes, brain,eggs, and then the meat is where all the nutrition is at..
giving the fish head is your choice I don't like the idea but the dogs gobble them down usually head first if they catch a fish from the pond or I throw them one from the river..

that being said, you can feed fillets or the whole fish, example, I feed whole shad and shiners to the dogs when I catch one on the flyrod.

With your Tilapia its a cichlid so its alot like our sunfish in behavior and bone factor, I like to remove the spines along the back ( cut them smooth to fish) then quarter the fish up into bite size strips/chunks.. I take the fish sometimes and just chop it all up and dump warm rice in with it; man... the yeti be watching our house to see whats up.. LOL

Big boney fish need to be quartered into bites, thats about it; internal bones arent as harmful as those dorsal spines and ventral spines so remove those and the rest is fine.. << my own paranoia.. LOL

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
looks like my beia, she has no white markings either.
from what I know she is 100% pitbull.

here's my little lampshade picking up radio stations on her spare time

ps: looks like your pup needs a nail trim.

·
Original Prankster
13,927 Posts
Ooo pick me pick me I'm in pig country. There's lots of wild boars around here. They are actually pretty scary, I'd need a hunting team to go out and get one :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
eyes, brain,eggs, and then the meat is where all the nutrition is at..
giving the fish head is your choice I don't like the idea but the dogs gobble them down usually head first if they catch a fish from the pond or I throw them one from the river..

that being said, you can feed fillets or the whole fish, example, I feed whole shad and shiners to the dogs when I catch one on the flyrod.

With your Tilapia its a cichlid so its alot like our sunfish in behavior and bone factor, I like to remove the spines along the back ( cut them smooth to fish) then quarter the fish up into bite size strips/chunks.. I take the fish sometimes and just chop it all up and dump warm rice in with it; man... the yeti be watching our house to see whats up.. LOL

Big boney fish need to be quartered into bites, thats about it; internal bones arent as harmful as those dorsal spines and ventral spines so remove those and the rest is fine.. << my own paranoia.. LOL
Thank you :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
i have observed other pitbull snouts ..i can see that mine has longer one ..i just want ur opinions .. and my pit doesent have white mark on his chest .. does these mean my pit is not pure bred?..
Contary to what several people think a APBT is not a short nosed breed.They have normal length muzzles.Chest markings vary from dog to dog.It's not a sign of being full blooded.The only way to know that is a pedigree showing how the dog is bred.Here's a couple of mine,definetely full blooded and you can see what their muzzles look like. ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [353066] :: OZARK MOUNTAIN GAMEDOGS'S RUSTY

ONLINE PEDIGREES :: [332458] :: OZARK MOUNTAIN GAMEDOG'S PLUTO BTW,your pup look fine,I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
I was just going to comment to cut yours dogs nails too ;) t=when they are long like that and left long, the dog will always have nail issues. Also it will effect how your dog walks if they are too long. Looks like a cute pup!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
yes, i have trimmed his nails heheh ..they were really sharp .. hehe

here is the updated pics of my pups.. i wish i can make them fat

this is the pic of my bully ..really small for 5 months

·
Registered
362 Posts
The brindle looks good, doesnt look skinny to me. Looks about the same size as my brindles. (Your boy has such a pretty face)

Your bully doesnt look malnourished either. I`d just agree with the previous advice with feeding 3x a day with good food and good walk in the AM and PM.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I would just feed plain dog food without adding anything unless you research first on what to add to it. You could create an imbalance. Your dogs look normal for their ages and they do not look too skinny. Feeding them special will not make them bigger then they are meant to be. Overfeeding might make them fat, but you cannot change genetics.

What kind of dog food are you feeding them?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I would just feed plain dog food without adding anything unless you research first on what to add to it. You could create an imbalance. Your dogs look normal for their ages and they do not look too skinny. Feeding them special will not make them bigger then they are meant to be. Overfeeding might make them fat, but you cannot change genetics.

What kind of dog food are you feeding them?
i feed them dogfood called OPTIMA ..Its a Hi-Protein dogfood.. and i mix it with rice ..and sometimes with beef ..

21 - 40 of 59 Posts