Go Pitbull Forums banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
There isn't any need to add more grains to that food. It's got plenty already. I think it might be too high in protein for your puppies. More protein is not always better.

Optima
Crude Protein Min. 32.00%

I would not go over 18% for a pup because you can get all kinds of growing issues like knuckling over or pano for the big guys. As adults I would not feed over over 30% even my working dogs. I just add fat to add weight on not extra protein, the high the protein the harder the kidneys have to work. This is all personal preference but I would not feed the higher protein foods, you can feed some of the TOTW that is under 30% if you want grain free.
You might want to switch them to a different kind. What kind of dog food can you get in your area?

·
Registered
362 Posts
wow.. nice dogs ..how old are they ? ,,mine is 4months ..nice dogs sir hehe bigheads also ..i love them hehe ..what are u feeding them?..do u give them chewbones?
They are also 4 months, so same age.
They eat Blue Buffalo Puppy formula, they seem to prefer the Lamb & Oatmeal flavor. They get butcher cut raw marrow bones up to twice a week.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
The only RAW they get is Marrow meat bones I get from the butcher. All their meals consist of the Blue Buffalo Holistic Puppy kibble.
How much did you say your brindle weighs?
my brindle weighs 5.55 ..im not sure if kg and lbs ..i think its kg ..
ohh ur feeding holistic dog food..im going to change my dogfood to holistic

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,362 Posts
Your "bully" looks to be infested with parasites, possibly an ameoba investation or something like that could be a particular flatworm, which could be a parasite in a particular type of fish or meat you have there. So what your locals could be seeing not an allergy but a parasite infestation. IMO you need the younger/smaller pup to go to a vet to get the right treatment, but its nothing uncommon and your pups will drastically improve body, mind, and soul.......

Good Luck, great pups!

41 - 59 of 59 Posts