Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my pit its like 8-9 months old and he eats everything from hangers to my wood desk ... Never had this happen before the first log came out brown and the the other ones where like crayola red. I feed him benaful original, should i be worried are is it just cause hes a trash disposal lolol help me ,
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,147 Posts
is it bright red cause he ate a red crayon or is it blood? Being as it is bright red if it is blood it is from lower in the GI tract, most likley a cut or something especially if he is eating things he shouldn't have. Keep an eye on it , if it doesn't get better in the next few days OR if it is dripping blood OR you notice black tarry color { bleed higher up , which can be serious} then take him to the vet.

As a dog owner YOU are responsible for keeping your dog safe , if that means picking up crap off the floor and puppy proofing you need to get on that. Crates work great if you can't watch him , keeps him out of stuff and keeps your items safe from those teeth. You so not want to see him eat something he can not pass and result in a blockage where surgery will be needed to remove the item { very serious situation}. Or to see him eat something toxic and get severely ill { I have seen a poisoned dog, it is the worst thing to ever go through and you are very much helpless}.

On the next note, Beneful is crap food. compare it to feeding your kids mcDonalds every day. There are a ton of threads on proper nutrition and better choices of kibble on here. Just use the search button at the top and type in food rate chart , or good food , threads will come up with tons of info for you .
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kingsgurl

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SO should i just watch him for the next few days ?? hes not lazy are acting like hes in pain , i pushed on him tummy and there was no reaction . and i will change his food affter i see what happens with this stuff...
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,579 Posts
It is probably the dye from the Beneful. Not the best food choice out there.
Definately consider a crate, and watch him like a hawk when he is not properly contained.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,147 Posts
ya just keep an eye on him for the next few days. Like I said unless there is a change as listed above you can probably just wait it out. Watch what he is eating too.
 

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
Joined
·
3,940 Posts
I've seen a dogs poop who eats beneful and it has looked like they ate a box of crayola crayons lol! It could be blood in his stool and he could have some internal lacerations from eating wood. I would watch him close, take him to the vet if its not better in a couple days and get him off the crayon colored kibble. that food is terrible quality .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thank you guys so much ! umm what food should i put him on ? something aforable ? but still good ?
 

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
Joined
·
3,940 Posts
Taste of the wild is grain free and great quality......also kirkland from Costco I hear is good as well but you need a membership to get into costco. just transition over the course of a week mixing the old kibble with the new.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thank you so much .... now my next question is how do i get him better around pepole hes very very very protective ... and i wanna take him out to parks and stuff but im afraid pepole and kids wanna pet him and he growls at them,??? and my office pepole just walk in , and he throws a fit ??
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,579 Posts
Start socializing him with family and friends you trust. Use a slide leash to give short corrections when he is not acting properly. Teach him to focus on you, and give LOTS of praise when he is acting the way you want him to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok ... a slid leash like a chokerchain ? where those pointy things stab you in the neck ??? hes good with my family just not with pepole he dont know like if someone walking down the street and im talking him out side, he try to run at them and bark and growl, are if i see someone i have to keep him in and not take him out , .... is it too late for him to like peole ??
 

·
Silver VIP Member
Joined
·
2,261 Posts
It is probably the dye from the Beneful. Not the best food choice out there.
Definately consider a crate, and watch him like a hawk when he is not properly contained.
That's my train of thought, I just laughed so hard I sharted and when I got back from cleanin my surf baggies other folks got to it.
 

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
Joined
·
3,940 Posts
That's my train of thought, I just laughed so hard I sharted and when I got back from cleanin my surf baggies other folks got to it.
OMFG!! WW your a nut! :hammer::rofl: no sharting here but water just came out my nose as I was drinking and read what you posted!!! LMAO
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,579 Posts
You guys are killing me with this. LOL!


Doesn't have a to be a prong collar, it can be a simple choker. I use a slide leash as that's all I've ever needed for Ecko. Keep it at the top of his neck, watch for signs. If his ears move forward, if his muscles tense up, pop the leash to the side one time and redirect his attention. The best place to start is in your house. Take his fav treats or toys and make him "focus" on you. Then when you are outside you can use "focus" when he seems less then friendly. Don't treat him unless you have his full attention, and if he refuses, pop that leash. He'll get it eventually.
 

·
Diggin' Deep
Joined
·
5,194 Posts
WW i just spit out the stuffed bell pepper I was eating....hahaha!!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
11,000 Posts
You guys are killing me with this. LOL!

Doesn't have a to be a prong collar, it can be a simple choker. I use a slide leash as that's all I've ever needed for Ecko. Keep it at the top of his neck, watch for signs. If his ears move forward, if his muscles tense up, pop the leash to the side one time and redirect his attention. The best place to start is in your house. Take his fav treats or toys and make him "focus" on you. Then when you are outside you can use "focus" when he seems less then friendly. Don't treat him unless you have his full attention, and if he refuses, pop that leash. He'll get it eventually.
:goodpost:

this is mine, first one $12: Top Knot-ch Custom Tack - Store
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top