Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do I do? She's now eating above and beyond what's recommended for a puppy of her age (large breed to boot) and it's never enough! I feed a high quality food that's NOT cheap 25$ a small bag! Her ribs really show but she also has a lot of muscle. I look after the feedings and I sware my family thinks I'm starving her........I'm frustrated

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
She's actually a little chunkier then I keep my dogs. Def not underweight. But not fat either.
Try giving her busy bones, or a treat ball. Chew toys to entertain her without filling her belly.
You could also supplement with veg or even some chia seeds. If you really think she's feeling hungry and not just bored.
If nothing seems to work you may want to have a vet test her. Thyroid, pancreas and insulin issues can cause increased hunger.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
add a cup of veggies. my boy loves broccoli. carrots. green beans. spinach.
maybe slowly at first. otherwise she might have gas and bloating. eventually her gut will adjust.
my boy would devour a whole bowl of broccoli if i let him.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She's actually a little chunkier then I keep my dogs. Def not underweight. But not fat either.
Try giving her busy bones, or a treat ball. Chew toys to entertain her without filling her belly.
You could also supplement with veg or even some chia seeds. If you really think she's feeling hungry and not just bored.
If nothing seems to work you may want to have a vet test her. Thyroid, pancreas and insulin issues can cause increased hunger.
I just picked up a kong toy you can put a treat in it and she can chew (break it up) it out so I'll see how that goes. She just had a full vet check a week and a 1/2 ago including a blood screen so I hope they didn't miss anything! Maybe it's a growth spurt not sure I do feed her in the evening after an hr or so walk and that's when she really crys and wines for more food, it's brutal she looks at me and barks constantly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts