Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my puppy is 5 weeks old and lately she cries when she poops. We have her on puppy formula and are giving her rice and/or egg mixed in there. The vet will not deworm he (if any) until she is 8 weeks. So am I feeding her wrong?

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
You can deworm her yourself-- just go to the pet store and get the powder pyrantel paomate and mix it with her food and warm water. I'd stay away from eggs now since she is so tiny... It's a shame she was taken from mom too early :( also find another vet

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Definitely go buy wormer from the feed store and do it yourself.. also agree about finding another vet

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

I will get the stuff to deworm her myself. Coach why no eggs? is that too harsh on her belly? I did try rice and formula but I think that was binding her. Also, I agree she was taken from her mom way way too young. I honestly think these people took the entire litter away when they were only (I'm guessing) 4 weeks old.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Awww yes that is way too young--4 weeks that is crazy! Well, I wouldn't do rice or formula or eggs. The eggs because they are very rich for such a young dog. I only give my older dogs eggs 1-2 times a week.
I'd honestly just get her on a quality kibble, the best your budget can afford whether that be Taste of the Wild, Orijen, Evo, IAMS, etc. get her the best you can afford.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts