Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. I'm a new member here. I am from the Philippines.
I just went to the vet yesterday and brought my four month old red nosed pup.. She's there until now, receiving treatments. I'll be visiting her later.
They are afraid my pup has CDV or distemper.
I really hope she makes it because I really love her. I don't want to lose her. My friend thinks I am crazy because I'm crying over this.

sigh...

I miss her so much... :(

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
welcome, sorry to hear about your pup. :(
try to be positive, they feed off of your vibes.
i hope everything goes well and she makes a full recovery.
*crosses fingers*

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nizmo..
I do hope so..
She sleeps next to me every night. Last night is the first night we've been apart since I got her..

but, yeah, fingers and toes crossed..

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Hope all goes well and she pulls through OK.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
good luck with your pup! keep us posted on how shes doin!

·
Registered
776 Posts
you are far from crazy .. id be a mess. let us know how it goes .

·
GYPSY PAVING
445 Posts
:hug: Hope Everything turns Out Good for you's.. poor thing ;(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys.. I got her from the vet last week. My puppy is a little bit lethargic and sleeps all the time. She is recovering for sure because she started standing up and greeting me when i get home. She lost a lot of weight but I am trying to get her to eat and drink milk for puppies. I am just waiting for her to gain weight a bit more so I can deworm her again to prepare her for her scheduled shots. she also developed heat rash on her tummy due to the warm weather here in the philippines.
Before, I am feeding her Pedigree for puppies but she doesn't like it now. SO i switched to Alpo. She likes chicken and fish. Would it be bad if I give her fish?
oh, my friend was not so lucky, I just found out yesterday that 2 of her pitbulls died. So, I am taking every precaution that I can think of. Any tips?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
did they ever find out what was wrong ?
it was a respiratory infection but not CDV nor parvo (thank god!).. she also had anemia (i got her blood tested) and i dewormed her yesterday.. she's still not eating as voracious as before.. but she's eating..

I just have to find a way for her to regain her appetite.. And I scheduled for her to visit the vet in a few days.. i will have her blood and stool tested again..

·
Registered
776 Posts
as long as you take her to the vet and follow what they are telling you . im glad it wasnt parvo ... that stuff is bad news

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
it was a respiratory infection but not CDV nor parvo (thank god!).. she also had anemia (i got her blood tested) and i dewormed her yesterday.. she's still not eating as voracious as before.. but she's eating..

I just have to find a way for her to regain her appetite.. And I scheduled for her to visit the vet in a few days.. i will have her blood and stool tested again..
Try feeding her deboned boiled chicken & white rice. This will be very light on her stomach for now until she feels better enough to go back on regular dog food. It will also help her regain normal weight back.

Also if you can, after she feels better, try searching for a better food other than Alpo or Pedigree.
here's a chart to help you find a better dog food:
http://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutrition/3749-pet-food-rating-comparison-chart.html

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
So glad your pup pulled through! Good news :) I know you live in the phillipines but can you get your hands on any better foods other than pedigree and alpo? That food is terrible for dogs. Do you have access to innova, natures variety, canindae, blue buffalo, orijen? Even iams or science diet would be better than the alpo. Keep us updated on your girl and show us some pictures :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh..
thanks, guys.. I'll try to switch foods to what you have suggested... i think i have seen innova.. ill find that one..
yeah, when she's better and not so thin anymore, I'll post lots of pics of her.. all i got is when she was 2 to 3 months.. she's 4 and a half now..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
how is she doing now ? getting any better ?
i hope she will be better soon.. I don't know what to do anymore..It's like she's better now then slightly off the next day.. it's driving me nuts but i am hopeful.. I actually spoon fed her earlier because she won't eat.. i am going to purchase canidae and pro plan food online, i'll see which one she will like best.. It will take them 5 days to ship it here...

her coloring matches the dog in your avatar.. yeah..

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
i hope she will be better soon.. I don't know what to do anymore..It's like she's better now then slightly off the next day.. it's driving me nuts but i am hopeful.. I actually spoon fed her earlier because she won't eat.. i am going to purchase canidae and pro plan food online, i'll see which one she will like best.. It will take them 5 days to ship it here...

her coloring matches the dog in your avatar.. yeah..
Did you try feeding her boiled deboned chicken & riced?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did you try feeding her boiled deboned chicken & riced?
Yup, that's her diet these days. She would usually just pick on the chicken. I also let her eat a few bites of chicken liver. Both boiled. She doesn't really like to eat rice.

Then, 2 of my other puppies (Mixed breed) got sick. The older one pulled through.. And, I just found out minutes ago that my other pup died...

There's really something in the air. I think an epidemic of some sorts. The pup who died, I just fed her hours ago.

okay, I'm gonna cry now..

be back later...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts