Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got the worst news possible. Marley has inoperable tumors. He has one in each armpit and they are growing in between his ribs :( The vets say he can live a few more years but since he has arthritis I think it would be cruel to put him through another harsh winter that way. We are going to try and give him the best summer ever before we say our goodbyes. If things turn for the worse he will go in sooner but I'd really like to have as much time with him as I can. I don't even know what I'm going to do when the time comes I'm so not ready to let him go yet :(

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
awww Im so sorry for you, seems like a bad week for you animal wise :( I hope you guys have a great summer and can pack in as much fun memories as you possibly can. Your such a great owner putting his needs and his comfort before your own wants , too bad not all animals have someone like you <3 enjoy the time you have with him.

Reactions: Black Rabbit

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that about your boy :( As long as he is comfortable and not in pain I would keep him around as long as you can. Lots of love to Marley from Bella and I.

Reactions: Black Rabbit

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much. As much as I want to have him with me I just can't stand the thought of him in pain. He's been my best friend for the last 10 years and I can't make him suffer for myself, that just wouldn't be fair.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Man you guys have had a rough couple of weeks! Give Marley a big hug from me.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I totally will. This whole year has been pretty much :poop: :(

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that! Damn cancer and tumors. Give him a huge hug for me too. He's lucky to have someone who cares enough to make it as fun and pain-free as possible.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Hey kg420
The best you can do is to love him as long as possible.No need to let your sorry show now-dogs pick up on things like that.Make it a great summer for him and you.
Thank you,
Henry

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Don't know what to say Krystal:( Try to forget about it for now and don't let Marley "know" about it either by the way you act, if possible. Wish I could make things better. It ain't over till the fat lady sings, so let's kill the fat lady LOL! Sorry, just trying to make you smile because I know how hard it is. There's not a night that goes by that I don't think about Cuda and Jack and get the pillow a little wet with tears. Take care.
EDIT: Henry beat me to it about not letting on with Marley, and he's right

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
I am so sorry to hear that. Just give him the best of the best,while he is here.
He wont be mad when the time comes. He will be glad,he wont be in pain.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
o kg im so so sorry, Marleys such a pretty boy.. I wish I lived closer...id give you a hug! :(

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. Cherish the time you have left with Marlely. He may be going to the rainbow bridge but he is not going away forever one day you will be with him again. You will always have lot's of good memories of your friend. Stay strong Krystal give Marley a kiss for me!!

·
Registered
776 Posts
ill tell you the way i was told
we love dogs so much because they live 100 year in just 12...
its the price we pay for living with something that burns so bright as a happy dog !
hold him close as long as you can and make as many great memories as you can for him in the time you have left...

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
It's never easy to get news like this when it comes to one of our beloved pups, but try to see it from Marley's point of view.
He doesn't know what a tumor is and could care less about cancer. He lives for the moment, not the future, and all he knows is that he is happy and loved and is living a good life. In the end, that's all that really matters.

Please give that sweet boy a good ear scratchin' and a big hug and just enjoy every day you have with him.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
I had a daucshund mix that I got when I was 3. His name was Spuds. When my parent's divorced, my mom gave him to my grandparents because she could not care for him, so he lived out his last years with them. He developed a large tumor on his leg. My mom was working for a vet at the time and had the surgery. But the tumor came back. We had him put to sleep when I was 15. It was very hard, and my whole family took it hard. He was loved by many. I know it can be hard to let a long loved family member go. But we did the right thing for ol spuds, as you will do for Marley. And we will be here for you when it is time to let him go. We love ya KG.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you all so much you've all been so great. (hugs to all)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts