Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am on a pregnancy forum as everyone knows... I am pregnant. LOL Anyway.. there has been a lot of talks of names. I am naming my son Zachary James. I am using traditional spelling and all. I think it does the kid a favor to give them a name that is easy to spell and pronounce. A lot of women are coming up with crazy names that I just can't even begin to pronounce! And if I am saying it right or wrong... I'll never know! lol People can't even pronounce my DOGS name! lol Heh lane uh not He leeen uh or HELEN UH ..... HELENA!!! lol The first E is soft the second E makes an aaayy sound. We had a neighbor who continued to call her Heleeena no matter how much I corrected.

I understand wanting to give a unique name.. but why not just something less common during this day and age? And some of these.. I can pronounce but... they sound like someone just made them up or butchered the spelling
Anyway here are some names.. you can take a crack at

Niamh (girl)
Aralyn (girl)
Ronan (boy)
Kairie (girl)
Briella (gril)
Aofie (girl)
Callen (boy)
Roux Elizanne (girl)

Oh and there are many more....

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Wow those are all weird. My buddy Jason always has weird but cool names for his kids. The oldest is Fallon, then Treivienne(trey v in), Mathieous (ma thee is) and the rest are kinda normal. R.I.P sweet little Trey she was killed a few weeks before her 13th B-day we will never forget her she was one of the sweetest little girls ever and I miss her dearly :(

·
Registered
897 Posts
One of my good friends named her daugter Aralyn. Its different but I kind of like it

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Oh those are easy to pronounce. Well except the last one. Some of the harder ones are Scottish/Irish/Gaelic names. After you figure out how the language's pronounce thing different it gets easier.

People call Zenith(Zen Ith) Zeen ith, Zena, and Sarah. lol.

I'm mean I gave both my babies the same initials. VAT. Veronica Abigail Tynsky and Vincent Augustine Tynsky. Lotsa people have a hard time with the last name. Tin Ski and Ten Ski are acceptable to me. lol. Some people call me and I think they have the wrong number. My name is weird to some people as well but I haven't got anything but compliments on it. I definitely prefer Aimee to Amy. The only thing I wanna know is where my dad got the name Cherelle from, but he won't give up the info.

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
Hmm. I was cursed with a unique name... And I've had people try to correct me when they mispronounce or misunderstand how to say/spell my name, lol. I've grown to like my name & dislike ignorance after seeing how many ppl there really are unwilling to learn, even over a name... Go figure, Oh & My favorite thing is when I have to give clients my email address & having over eager, egotistical arrogance turn it into a 5 minute game of scrabble.

Aside from the rest I liked Aralyn but why would someone name their kid Roux? Roux is a batter for making chowder, lol...

And what is Aofie? My first thought is that 80's show Alf & sounds like something Jeff foxworthy would make up

And as far as Helena - duh - Mt. Helena. At least that's how I always thought her name was pronounced.

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm. I was cursed with a unique name... And I've had people try to correct me when they mispronounce or misunderstand how to say/spell my name, lol. I've grown to like my name & dislike ignorance after seeing how many ppl there really are unwilling to learn, even over a name... Go figure, Oh & My favorite thing is when I have to give clients my email address & having over eager, egotistical arrogance turn it into a 5 minute game of scrabble.

Aside from the rest I liked Aralyn but why would someone name their kid Roux? Roux is a batter for making chowder, lol...

And what is Aofie? My first thought is that 80's show Alf & sounds like something Jeff foxworthy would make up

And as far as Helena - duh - Mt. Helena. At least that's how I always thought her name was pronounced.
lol I think Mt.Helena is "helen uh" I guess if theres ever any doubt just watch one of my youtube videos with my annoying voice!! LOL

So how do you say Roux? Is it like Rooo or Rox or Rowwwkkss No clue...

Guess I'm just an ignant okie. :D haha

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Runners up for my baby's name

Boy: Tolin like Colin

Girl: Ryler

most likely it will be a TOLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D
Oh girl no offense, but do those names have an actual meaning? Ryler really makes me think of someones dog named Ryker. And Tolin makes me think of like a toll road... lol

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
My friends little girls name was my favorite Trevienne (trey v in) it means the third lol she was his third kid lmao. I'll have to find you guys a pic of her she was soo sweet and pretty. R.I.P. Trey :(

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Here she is Sweet Trevienne you are missed dearly. I love you little sister :(

She is now a beautiful angel :(

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
we have some friends that name each first son for the father, ie the second was JR, my friend is TREY-for the third and he named and spelled his sons name. IV-IVY as in the fourth!!!!!!

If I had ever had a boy it was going to be Cody Dale, for my dad or
Cody Dean. I told my wife I would call him Codine, perfect name for a bullrider!!!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
my daughter is Kira { kear-ah} but people call her Kie-rah so annoying it means dark princess in black irish, my son is dante different but an old name people think of dantes peak when they hear it lol and my other son is donovan again with the irish names lol. I like different names that you wont hear 5 times in the same classroom lol but names that still sound good and your not twisting your tongue to say. my nephew was named cohen [co-en} and my neice raquel i think every era has its popular names though lol whoever is hot or popular at the time I was just trying to avoid that i know there was like 5 sarahs and mikes in every class I was in growing up lol.
Zachary is a very nice name by the way its an older name but you dont hear it alot anymore yet its still known so maybe you can find those personalized cups and stuff with kids names on it lol I can never find kira on anything :D

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my daughter is Kira { kear-ah} but people call her Kie-rah so annoying it means dark princess in black irish, my son is dante different but an old name people think of dantes peak when they hear it lol and my other son is donovan again with the irish names lol. I like different names that you wont hear 5 times in the same classroom lol but names that still sound good and your not twisting your tongue to say. my nephew was named cohen [co-en} and my neice raquel i think every era has its popular names though lol whoever is hot or popular at the time I was just trying to avoid that i know there was like 5 sarahs and mikes in every class I was in growing up lol.
Zachary is a very nice name by the way its an older name but you dont hear it alot anymore yet its still known so maybe you can find those personalized cups and stuff with kids names on it lol I can never find kira on anything :D
I have a good friend named Kira... said the same way. And I like all the other names listed... they are different but still not "made up" sounding. lol

I have loved the name Zachary since I was a little girl and picking out "baby names" for my dolls. Zachary was the only boys name I ever liked. And I got this far into life without ever meeting a guy named Zachary that was a jerk.. or dating a Zachary... haha And my boyfriend loved the name too.. We also considered Alexander... but it's extremely popular right now. I also like Andrew after his daddy.. but my boyfriend didn't want to name him after himself for some reason.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
the 2 we picked out are Aiden O'brien Spence and Mallory Grace Spence =)

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts
My daughters are

Cheyenne Marie
Savannah Kay

·
Registered
269 Posts
Me and my Fiancee have three names picked out for each gender along with TWO middle names to go with them;

Austin Jerome Micha Carter (Boy)
Stryker John William Carter (Boy)
Ryiot Murray Gorgen Carter (Boy)

Logan Rain Anya Carter (Girl)
Hanley Shadow Rayna Carter (Girl)
Devon Michelle Kay Carter (Girl)

And yes I'm well aware of how weird my names are :)

·
Courage
3,052 Posts
Bill or George. Anything but Sue.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts