·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I thought it was a bulldog too, which is why I shared it. And you're welcome! One of those "oops" discoveries lol.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Pretty cool that there has to be photographic evidence of the dog actually working to receive papers with the registry.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Hangin' Tree cowdogs are registered by the American Cowdog Association. Their registry is unique: The dogs must prove that they can and will hit heads and heels before they can receive their registration papers. They must also have slick or short hair. In order to register the dog with the American Cowdog Association, the dog's owner must send a video or photos showing the dogs clearly hitting the heads and heels of stock. Such proof ensures that the breed remains pure and will perform flawlessly as expected time and time again.
^^^^ proven through WORK.. no matter what you start with if your breeding for work and proving your dog.. in the other part of the world look at the authentic Dogo a bulldog in every sense of the word but like the Hangin Tree Cowdog they are from a blend of working dogs proven through the BULLDOG work which will create and shape a BULLDOG simply by what works best and is most sound PROVEN THROUGH WORK. GIVE him a lil more time and they all resemble BLack Mouth Curs. Hes breeding his own style of bulldog and people are to :hammer: to realize that. He has four breeders that are obviously bulldog mixed, yeah he has catahoula and border collie mixed dogs but others are bulldog mixed. Sled dog guys up north have been breeding Bulldogs into the sled lineages since the 40s and they LIE and say its GREY HOUND.. or Bull Terrier :hammer: ... anyway the idea is PROVEN THROUGH WORK and the work will shape the dog: mind, body, and soul.. and thus the dog is named for its work.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
very interesting indeed! Who knew just by posting a link, that we'd unlock all this information!? Thanks for the info everybody! I just thought the picture was cool, and thought the dog resembled a bulldog, and is why I posted it. *Side Note: I'd love to be able to take pictures like that one day, lol.*

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Cool pic and links. Love reading about working pups. Wish they would have some videos.ust be a sight to see when a dog can control such a huge animal let alone a herd!!

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Definitely would've been cool to see some video to go along with the photos. Oh, well. It was one of those things I stumbled upon, looking at the photos of the week on Yahoo, lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts