Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Cropped

Votes: 11 35.5%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was walking my dog and this lady told that my dog was not a pitbull because his ears were not cut(cropped)!!! how rude!!!
All Natural Over Here

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
You will run into many people like her owning this breed , some very ignorant people out there. I had some guy comment on my dogs saying he had never seen one with a tail lol , and had rude comments from old ladys about my dogs cropped ears so really no matter what you choose you dont win LOL. He is really handsome , the 1st pic looks like he is in camo gear for the beach LOL just blends right in :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I would've laughed and told her to do some research before you say that to anyone else because you sound dumb. Haha. That's like this lady told me that Bear was dehydrated because I was walking him and his mouth was open with his tongue hanging all the way out. Hahaha silly people.

By the way I prefer uncropped ears myself.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he was at the softball diamond!! and she had one of them dogs you get at toys r us.lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would've laughed and told her to do some research before you say that to anyone else because you sound dumb. Haha. That's like this lady told me that Bear was dehydrated because I was walking him and his mouth was open with his tongue hanging all the way out. Hahaha silly people.

By the way I prefer uncropped ears myself.
i jus laughed and kept walking

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think it depends on the dog and your personal preference, small head-dont crop, big head-crop, and even that isnt set in stone. Angelbaby's dogs look awesome w crop but Iv'e seen awesome looking dogs without crop. It comes down to your choice. Kobe is staying uncropped and skylar is getting hers done soon.

·
Super Moderator
4,587 Posts
There should be an undecided button. LOL! Ecko's are uncropped because I didn't get him as a puppy. If I had I would have cropped him simply because he used to get ear infections all of the time until I found this forum. I like APBTs uncropped and American Bullys cropped.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There should be an undecided button. LOL! Ecko's are uncropped because I didn't get him as a puppy. If I had I would have cropped him simply because he used to get ear infections all of the time until I found this forum. I like APBTs uncropped and American Bullys cropped.
sorry bout that

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think it depends on the dog and your personal preference, small head-dont crop, big head-crop, and even that isnt set in stone. Angelbaby's dogs look awesome w crop but Iv'e seen awesome looking dogs without crop. It comes down to your choice. Kobe is staying uncropped and skylar is getting hers done soon.
I agree with the small head/big head comment but at <4 months, how can you tell the size of a dogs head? I try to go off the parents.

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
there should be a 'both' option lol. my two girls have natural ears and i love them to death, but i got ozai's cropped and i just love em. i love the look and his ears are perfect!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Sooo whats the question?

I own both, but perfer cropped ears. However I have no issues with a nice set and will often leave them.

Also I consider ears like Faiths a nice set. I don't like floppy ears but if one stands thats ok for me and looks very good on many dogs imo.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
You CAN tell..esp if you know what parents look like. And you can get them done after 4 months btw..
you should not get that done that late, the cartilage starts to build up and makes it a harder surgery. I am sure you could find a vet to do it, but that doesn't mean it should be done that late...

your boy's ears are so cute in the OP though. Totally love the floppy ear :)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
you should not get that done that late, the cartilage starts to build up and makes it a harder surgery. I am sure you could find a vet to do it, but that doesn't mean it should be done that late...

your boy's ears are so cute in the OP though. Totally love the floppy ear :)
after 4 months isnt that bad, iwouldnt go much past 6 months but depending on the vet some wont do after 4 months others 6 months and a few dont care about age.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
after 4 months isnt that bad, iwouldnt go much past 6 months but depending on the vet some wont do after 4 months others 6 months and a few dont care about age.
yeah, exactly, if a vet doesn't care, IMO find a new vet. I would not want to go to one that would be willing. To each their own of course :)

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
I think it also depends on the ears. Loki's ears are too perfect in my eyes. We never considered a crop though, and I am glad we didn't.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts