• Natural

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • Cropped

Votes: 11 35.5%
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
I voted cropped because I do not like ears on my dogs. Other dogs don't really care because I don't feed them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Natural for my dogs :)

Cropped makes the dog look more aggressive but thats just a personal feeling :) They still look amazing with cropped ears :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
we've never cropped the danes and Tia was almost a year when we adopted her from the HS so that wasn't an option. I love both, natural and cropped, but dang if a nice crop job don't draw the eye!

·
Registered
96 Posts
yeah, exactly, if a vet doesn't care, IMO find a new vet. I would not want to go to one that would be willing. To each their own of course :)
A triple bypass is a hard surgery but that doesnt mean I'm not going to get it done because some are against it..if you want to wait til your dog grows then wait and see and a vet will do it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
you should not get that done that late, the cartilage starts to build up and makes it a harder surgery. I am sure you could find a vet to do it, but that doesn't mean it should be done that late...

your boy's ears are so cute in the OP though. Totally love the floppy ear :)
p.s. I know you have knowledge on dogs so dont take this the wrong way, but Iv'e been breeding and raising dogs for a LONG time and two women in my family are veterinary surgeons who are confident in there work and have an outstanding knowledge and love for dogs and crop ears up to 8 months.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
The issue from cropping at an older age is from being able to get the ears to stand. A short crop can be done at any age. The dog is still put under and pain meds can be provided no matter the age. The reason most vets will not crop over 6 months is because they don't want to be held accountable if your dogs ears fall. However there are vets how are still very good people that crop older dogs.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Natural ears here. I try to stay incognito with all the dogs I've had. People tend not to think of my dogs as pitbulls when the ears are normal. Just a little caution I use in case of having to lie about my dogs breed. My game bred dogs were much easier to lie about since they didn't look like the dogs in Rap videos. This blue pitterstaff I have gets more pitbull comments than the 25 years of game dogs. She's more muscular and blue. Just shows you that most people know absolutely nothing.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
The issue from cropping at an older age is from being able to get the ears to stand. A short crop can be done at any age. The dog is still put under and pain meds can be provided no matter the age. The reason most vets will not crop over 6 months is because they don't want to be held accountable if your dogs ears fall. However there are vets how are still very good people that crop older dogs.
:goodpost: thank you! Finally, somebody else speaks up! I didn't feel like repeating myself (older thread)...AMES!! Lol ;) jk u know I love ya Boston girl!!

Btw...I voted crop. But I'm not gonna lie, I don't mind a nice set of rose prick ears.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Exactly and she was saying that as if it was a question of ethics and it isn't.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts