Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so they took away the food I was feeding dharma at the Px which is where I'm buying my dog food. So I bought her natures recipe grain free easy to digest. Is this a good dog food? I searched and didn't find anything on it. I'm on my phone so that could be it. But she seems to like it. Just need to know if it's a good kibble. If not I'm just gonna finish this food off and commit to raw.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
4,579 Posts
The ingredients has calcium bicarbonate, which is why it's "easy to digest". It also has rice, barley, and "natural flavor". Those three would turn me off the food. BUT, if your dog is doing well on it, and you like the way he looks, keep feeding it.
If you decide to transition to raw, make sure you do a lot of research first.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know how she is doing as she just started yesterday. I've been doing a lot of research on raw as I have been thinking about raw for awhile now. Still need to do research on it though. Why would those ingredients turn you off to the food?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
4,579 Posts
Grain and corn just aren't natural things for canines to eat. And do you know what "natural Flavor" is? I don't either, so I'd rather not put it in my dog. If you are paying extra for "easy to digest" it's a waste of money. You can buy tums pretty cheap and it's the same thing.
If you have any questions on raw, just let me know. Ecko has been on PMR for 2 years now. There are a few other raw feeders on here as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts