Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like it says. I need a large travel dog carrier ASAP please. Will pay for it and shipping please let me know

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
It would be cheaper to buy on from your local walmart or tractor supply than to ship one.....You can also snag them up cheap on craigslist. Look in both pets and general for crates for sale.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've been looking on cl and amazon but I was hoping someone had an extra. I use it as a doghouse since they sleep outside I like it tight so they stay heated in winter. You know how much walmart sells for

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
No I have never bought plastic from Walmart. But shipping would be expensive as it would be an oversized item and not go by weight alone.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yeah I've been looking on cl and amazon but I was hoping someone had an extra. I use it as a doghouse since they sleep outside I like it tight so they stay heated in winter. You know how much walmart sells for
go on there website and the prices are on there . a large is anywhere from $60-$80 here at our walmart,depending on size,brand and type . :)

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Wouldn't it be better if you built a doghouse or bought one from a home improvement store? Travel carriers are not meant to be shelter outdoors.

Dog House Blue Prints

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They aren't meant to but I've always used them because the only tome they're in there they're sleeping and it's tightly confined and they love it. I have a doghouse that I don't like because it's too big. But thanks y'all I will look when I get home

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Depending how cold it gets they can be ok if you cover the holes in the top. We use 2 bottoms and make dog houses ( plus have regular dog houses) and just fill them with straw which is fine for our dogs because:

1. They never stay out in really cold weather
2. They never stay out in rain

However if your dog is out in severe weather the would need a much better shelter.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I like these for dog houses and look pretty easy to build, would prob run about the same in supplys as buying a crate and would be a bit better. You guys get cold winters over there like we do dont you? then could just fill with straw or something warm. You could proabbly put some sort of door on it too if your looking for an enclosure like a crate wouldnt be too hard.
Dog House Blue Prints

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah that's why I keep them in the garage but in crates but I may just get a reg crate,I just like the travel crate cause it only has small holes

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
oh they are in the garage , ok ya the crates should be fine just throw some blankets in there . I find mine on Cl or kijiji ... But had to go buy one retail the other day :( lol , couldnt find what i needed on those sites for over a week and with the new addition needed one immediately ... walmart has them for about $50-$100 depending which size you want, I paid $78 but was for the wire crate that collapses . { and its in canadian prices lol , I think americans pay less }

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I like these for dog houses and look pretty easy to build, would prob run about the same in supplys as buying a crate and would be a bit better. You guys get cold winters over there like we do dont you? then could just fill with straw or something warm. You could proabbly put some sort of door on it too if your looking for an enclosure like a crate wouldnt be too hard.
Dog House Blue Prints
That's awesome Angel how much did it cost u?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oh they are in the garage , ok ya the crates should be fine just throw some blankets in there . I find mine on Cl or kijiji ... But had to go buy one retail the other day :( lol , couldnt find what i needed on those sites for over a week and with the new addition needed one immediately ... walmart has them for about $50-$100 depending which size you want, I paid $78 but was for the wire crate that collapses . { and its in canadian prices lol , I think americans pay less }
That's not too bad but I stil wanna pay less lol what is kijiji? I put blankets inside and over top of them to insulate but yeah we have rly cold winters

1 - 16 of 16 Posts