Go Pitbull Forums banner

Need Advice about skin Bumps on male pit

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  ames 
#1 ·
Hi I am new to this forum and have been a pit owner for about 6 months now. (have owned other breeds just not a pit) My Littleman is 8 mo old and I noticed him limping so I checked out his front legs and found hard bumps lining the back of his lower front legs. He is shaking (I have him on the bed with me covered by a blanket and he is still shivering) I have an 9 year old basset/new foundland mix and we live with people who have a 2 year old female pit, a 1 year old plott hound and they have just rescued a 2 year old male pit. the pits and plott hound play pretty rough and the new pitt and mine got into a small fight the other day where my pitt ended up with a hole in his tongue and small marks on his face. This morning he was fine..he ate, went out to potty, layed on the bed with me no problems..he layed on the floor for a little while (floor is laminate no carpet but have a pallet of blankets for him to lay on) when he got up I noticed the limp..at first it was just a little limp now he cant walk on his left front leg...seems to be progressing pretty fast...calling the vet NOW! Anyone ever experience this? Please help!

#2 ·
yes get him to the vet asap.
so many issues to address from your post. but the most immediate is to find out what those bumps are. i don't think he would be limping from a skin allergy. they might be bug bites of some kind. especially if he is shivering. that could be a sign of toxin from a sting.
keep an eye on his breathing. if he's having trouble, he will need an anaphylactic injection.
hopefully it is just skin irritation. but better to be safe than sorry.
i will let others address the household management issues.
good luck.

#3 ·
If I ever have concerns about my dogs health I take them to the vet.. So what if I have to pay a small fee for their services, at least I get peace of mind. I suggest if you ever have doubts just take the dog to the vet. Better to be safe than sorry.

#5 ·
any luck at the vet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.