Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 weeks ago my pit went into the vet to have a minor tumor removed from her back leg and never walked again!
Radiology shows a slipped disc, but another vet says she needs and MRI ($1400-2500) and then probably surgery!
When we questioned the original vet about what had happened to her, he claimed he did not cause her to be paralyzed and it must have existed before he removed the tumor. But she walked just fine when she was brought in the first time to have the tumor removed. I have spent all my money with another vet treating her with steroids with no luck. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Should we try to sue the vet, even though he denies responsibility? Am I going to have to put her down? Has it been to long (3 weeks now) to have this corrected? I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO, it has been a 24hour job just caring for her:confused:

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
I would get the opinion of another vet as to what caused this. i would also call the state veterinary licensing board and report this matter. Usually if you confront the vet with evidence that they caused it, and a threat to report him to the state he will try to fix whatever he messed up. A vet practice is a business, and you can report him to the BBB. You can also contact your CC company if you paid for the surgery with a card, and see if they will recover your funds.

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
I think trauma would be the only alternative to malpractice... and that seems highly unlikely. You would have noticed if your dog couldnt walk.. Im sorry about your situation, keep us posted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts