Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have an 11 yr old blue nose who doctor said is overweight. 86lbs. She has lived a very active life. She's got a bad limp on her left front leg, been like this for few yrs now. But has gotten way worse. Has a hard time with short walks now. :cry: Vet says more greens in her diet (she won't eat them) to lose weight. And for her arthritis gave her meloxicam. Haven't seen any difference . Also I do cbd. No difference I've noticed. Can anyone recommend something that will work. I'm looking for a miracle here. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
88 Posts
Increasing fiber will help fill her up, pumpkin puree mixed with wet food and her kibble works well. Decreasing the calories is the main goal. What weight is the vet aiming for, for her? Her being overweight will cause the pain and arthritis to get worse and make it seem as if nothing is working. Medicine has a harder time working with extra fat in the body just like in humans. You can try tumeric extract for pain and inflammation that will work with the Meloxicam. My old lady was on both and did well until it was just too much.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes, pumpkin is great, don't use pie filling!
Also look into Petwellbeing for awesome products for a variety of ailments. Everything I've used from them has been awesome... customer service included!

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
what is the diagnosis for the limp? arthritis?
there are no miracles. but a leg brace may do the trick.
Front Leg Braces on Amazon
it will take some time for the dog to get accustomed to it.
depending on the quality of CBD, for a 80+lb dog, you should be using a 1,000mg formula and administering 10 drops (about 20mg) over food 2x day.
my company manufactures a pet formula and you can read more about it here:
Remedium Pet

Reactions: jttar
1 - 5 of 5 Posts