Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone i just joined the forum and had some questions about my 6 month old pup. he just turned 6 mo. five days ago and his head and his body really look like a puppy still and i just wondered if this is normal or if he may have a growth problem he is probly about 40 lbs but looks skinny, so any other stories of your pups would be helpfull thanks. also i wondered if it is normal for pitbulls to have alot of gas, i have tried different foods(only natural foods, high grade) and he just walks around blastin out farts all day and night haha, any advice or help is much appreciated thanks to all!

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
i've noticed with my pup when theyre on puppy chow they are really gassy.

your dogs build is all going to depend on genetics. your dog is limited by its genes

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
A lot of time their heads dont catch up with their chest and height til later... With Sarge, he was about a year old when his head decided to catch up with his chest... Nikita is now 8 months and her head hasnt caught up yet...

Gas is normal in "pit bulls" but you might try a food that is not beef or chicken based and get away from the wheats and other grains that might help!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
lol @gas question. TOTALLY a stinky breed IMO all of mine have had issues on different brands of food. A few of my friends do as well. They just seem to really let them go, lol.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
And they are sneeky about it... They let one rip and leave the room... Your gagging and they are laughing at you from another room!!! Sarge is horrible!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts