Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few weeks ago this little girl ran up to our family at a park. We took her around the neighborhood to no avail to who her owners are. We still haven't found them and still on the hunt, but she has become part of our family. My husband thinks she is an American pit bull terrier/ Weimaraner mix. From my research, she is most likely an American pit bull terrier with no mix and either champagne or blue fawn(which I question cause her nose is red). Any help would be great!

·
Super Moderator
5,274 Posts
Hi WholelisticMama and welcome to the forum.
Unfortunately, no one can tell you what the breed or breed mix the dog is by you describing it or even looking at it. Without the peds showing the dogs lineage it is guess work at best. Hopefully, the owners will be found and might have the dogs papers.

Joe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Posting a picture might help, other than that, you can always have a DNA test to find out. They cost about $75.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another question

She was also in heat when we found her, we still have her. She was found on Jan 13th, so 15 days ago and she is still in heat. Is it possible she could be pregnant? I honestly hope not, but we will care for them too if she is.

·
Super Moderator
4,564 Posts
There is only one type of pit bull. That is the American Pit Bull Terrier. There are several bull breeds that are commonly confused for pit bulls and mainstream media have mislabeled them as such. Without a pedigree it is impossible to determine what breed you have. So bull breed mix is the best you can do.
My suggestion would be to first post on FB in your area to determine if someone's pet has escaped then take the dog to a vet. If she is not someone's missing pet, have her spayed as soon as her heat cycle is over.
Good luck with your new possible pet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have put her on everything, no one has contacted me at all about her. I keep searching lost posts, I put up flyers all around the neighborhood. I'm thinking the two teenagers that brought her to the park and said she wasn't theirs then left were actually her owners. Sad, but it's going on 3 weeks we've had her and are going to spay her asap.

·
Super Moderator
5,274 Posts
Sad, and she looks like she was cared for. Glad you took the girl in and are getting her spayed. Have you given that beautiful face a name yet?

·
Banned
8 Posts
Definitely a real APBT, I say real because a lot of so-called pit bulls nowadays are actually American Bullies, or bully pits, with a heavier bone structure, short muzzle& big square head. Classic APBT, stay lanky until about a year old and fill out from 1-2 yrs of age. The classic APBT was bred for endurance and gameness, not appearance. Definitely a blue fawn though the red nose are the results from a homozygous recessive gene.

·
Super Moderator
5,274 Posts
Definitely a real APBT, I say real because a lot of so-called pit bulls nowadays are actually American Bullies, or bully pits, with a heavier bone structure, short muzzle& big square head. Classic APBT, stay lanky until about a year old and fill out from 1-2 yrs of age. The classic APBT was bred for endurance and gameness, not appearance. Definitely a blue fawn though the red nose are the results from a homozygous recessive gene.
Matthewmadden330k, as stated in this thread earlier, definitely a bully breed but not definitely an APBT. Unless you can provide the dogs peds there is no way to know it's lineage.

Joe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts