Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, so long story short....my apbt samson has had 2 play dates with my cousins dog delilah .... since they were going to give her up i thought getting her would be a good thing since she and samson get along so great.

shes due for fixing next wednesday....and she is due to come with us next weekend.

anyways, my cousin (she s a dr. and so is her husband) asked me if i thought there was any chance samson got her preggo.... i never saw him mount her from behind or even get anywhere near...shes larger and stronger than him (shes about 14-16 months maybe...no one knows) ....and he is 8 months.

anyways my cousin told me delilah s breast got larger and shes hardly eating.... guess wednesday she ll have blood tests.

any thoughts??? im so bummed.... but i dont see how shes preggo since we were watching them always...he did try sideways front ways anyways...but she always kicked him off and i always got him off her....idk so bummed now

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
was she in heat?? its possible she may be coming into heat now having been around Sampson and her nips are swelling

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
idk.... would they have to knot to achieve pregnancy ?? or could this happen in like a 15 second attempt to mount???

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Good chance she's coming into heat now. Was she in heat then?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no , she didnt want anything to do with him other than running and chest bumping as in play fighting

·
End-F0rum-Communism
717 Posts
My girl chloe is acting the same way, but no dog mounted her. She just came off her heat, eats less, and her breast are a bit more swollen.

Im kinda worried it might be something else. :(

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
When was her last heat cycle? Do they know? I highly doubt she is pregnant if they were playing while supervised together. Or was there a moment you may have not been watching them that he could have gotten her? Anyways, I would hope that you and Delilah's owners wouldn't let them interact if she was in heat....that's only common sense. Let her have her blood panel done and see how it comes back along with a check up from the vet while she is there. If she is prego she is better off having the spay done anyways. We don't need anymore pit mix mutts around ;) She could also be having a false pregnancy.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
My girl chloe is acting the same way, but no dog mounted her. She just came off her heat, eats less, and her breast are a bit more swollen.

Im kinda worried it might be something else. :(
Could be a false pregnancy. My girl acts weird almost depressed when she is in season and eats like a horse. She is also less hyper while in season. Her first heat her nipples really got large and hung a bit but eventually they went back to normal a few weeks after her season was over. This last heat she had was her second and her nipples didn't do anything this time around. Weird how there bodies work and I am so ready to get her spayed! Just make sure you watch for signs of pyometra which is more common in older bitches but can still happen in young bitches even after just one heat.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh trust me last thing i want is a litter.... i would be devastated if that was the case. i am getting delilah for samson to have a life long companion and also because she would have been placed elsewhere eventually if i didnt take her.

my basset hound dalila (delilah in spanish ....yes all very coincidental ....thats why i named samson the way i did..in her honor.....now he has a gf delilah lol ) would have her imaginary puppies as we called them, ...she would go dig a hole and stay there for a few days...couldnt approach her, the ONLY time she showed aggression.... if u got within 5 ft of her she would warn u with a growl.

im hoping this is the case....i dont see how they could have mated, he tried but never mounted from the rear ....she would have none of it....idk.

im stressing...i wanted everything to be perfect and this hit me like a ton of bricks...im hoping its a false alarm.

god i was hoping them being both doctors they could do a quick exam lol

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Spay her now. You were going to anyway, right? If you are one of those that gets all devastated by the thought of little puppies, don't ask.
Please do not end up being one of those people not strong enough to make a tough decision, who has the accidental litter and places them (usually all intact) so the cycle can repeat again, and again. Please.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the dog isnt mine yet, its my cousins ...as i said they are both doctors and they dont have much time so an appointment was made a couple of weeks ago for the 15th of this month....afterwards i will go pick her up.

this is the first dog they have had that weighed more than 7lbs so i think they overreacted on her first cycle or w/e .... we ll find out wednesday.... and no one is looking to perpetuate any cycle cycle cycle .... if u missed the point in me getting her it was twofold... to provide a companion for samson and to not let that dog get placed in an improper place ...since i know my home will be heaven for her as well.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh noooooo..... they are very cold and mechanical about this.... i havent spoken about what if... but i know them well enough that we all know what has to be done. and part of me accepting her was her being spayed.

trust me NO ONE is looking for puppies here and what must be done will be done. i am going to provide 2 awesome wonderful fin lives to two dogs now that will NEVER be alone.

i know i humanize my dog... and i dont deny nor regret it.... he has helped me through very murky waters and i am loyal as a dog.... so when my son (alex 16 yrs old) and I are out on the same night on a weekend say i feel guilt because i know samson is alone and miserable. i do this for him ....because he has done so much for me... i love him like a son. no bs

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
if they weren't alone unsupervised, then there's no chance he tagged her anyway. Trust me, dogs aren't like humans, they can't tie, impregnate, and untie in a 15 second timespan, especially if they were being supervised during play time. Just continue on the planned path, spay and bring her home and lead happy lives!

Reactions: Kingsgurl

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Spay her now. You were going to anyway, right? If you are one of those that gets all devastated by the thought of little puppies, don't ask.
Please do not end up being one of those people not strong enough to make a tough decision, who has the accidental litter and places them (usually all intact) so the cycle can repeat again, and again. Please.
:goodpost: I would alter Samson as well.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nah i cant do that to him. once shes spayed (and i have no emotional bond with her so demanding her be spayed is easy for me vs him being neutered) they will be fine since there is no chance of anything ever.

i think we are all anxious because they want to send her packing as much as i want her to come with us.

hopefully by next weekend ill have some welcome home pix .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts