Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im bak wit another question i noticed my dog is not eating i put his food out in the morning and he dont eat till the afternoon so i put sum out again after we go out for a walk and that he wont eat till like 12 or 1 in tha morning hes been like this since i got him i mean hes gainning weight but i dont get it my snoopy used to eat 3 times a day sorry if i posted this in the wrong thread jus really need help wit dis

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
how old is your pup? and does he stay up late with you? if you don't have a set schedule, your dog wont either.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
How old is the dog, what kind of dog you have? Also, what are you feeding the dog and what are his energy levels and what is the exercise routine with him?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hes 6 months bout to be 7 months he eats innova puppy food wen i first got him his owner was feedin him alpo dog food but i bought him benneful puppy food till the pet store got in sum innova

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
how old is your pup? and does he stay up late with you? if you don't have a set schedule, your dog wont either.
ya i guess he falls asleep kinda late like around 10 but wakes up at like 12 or 1 and i hear him eating i fall asleep at around 11 12 am da latest cuz i got to b up at 5 am to walk him and get ready for work

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
and how much does he eat when he does eat? do you measure it out for him, or do you leave food out all the time?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well on the bag it says or his weight he should b eating 2 3/4 cups of food so i put exact or sumtimes a lil over

·
Premium Member
3,427 Posts
Get on a schedule at a certain time day and evening, leave the food down 20 mins if he don't eat take it up "do not leave the food down" try again the next feeding time same thing... the dog will not starve itself to death it will learn to eat when it's time ;)

·
I AINT HARD TO FIND
7,624 Posts
well on the bag it says or his weight he should b eating 2 3/4 cups of food so i put exact or sumtimes a lil over
there's your answer right there. feed him two separate times, and take it to about 2 cups a day, maybe even a little less. Your dog should be hungry by feeding time if you don't over feed him, and start a feeding routine, so that it is the same every day

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and for exercise i take him out at 5 for a walk or a run till like 5:45 or 6 den at 7 i leave but my bros girl lets him out at 10 in my yard to run i get home at 5 and we play for like an hour then i work on my motor and he hangs out wit me in the garage

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Get on a schedule at a certain time day and evening, leave the food down 20 mins if he don't eat take it up "do not leave the food down" try again the next feeding time same thing... the dog will not starve itself to death it will learn to eat when it's time ;)
thanx man ima try this to kuz i jus leave it for him to eat and most ofthe time it jus sits there all day or all night till hes ready to eat and i jus feel bad kuz i dont get y he wont eat then my boy said to try mixin evo cannd food wit the innova

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
there's your answer right there. feed him two separate times, and take it to about 2 cups a day, maybe even a little less. Your dog should be hungry by feeding time if you don't over feed him, and start a feeding routine, so that it is the same every day
thanx for ur help bro ima deff try this so would u say 1 1/2 cups or 2 cups max of food

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
my next question is my mom and bros girl says when im gone all he does is sleep and den when i come home hes energetic is this bad for him to b sleepin all day

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
you are lucky that is all he does, some dogs love to tear stuff up when their owners aren't home during the day lol. If you can squeeze two long walks one in the morning one at night with some play time, the doggy will get hungry and will eat better. Also everyone gave you a very good idea on how to feed him, you can also add things to make the food more apetizing as well if he is a picky eater.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ya i kno my old puppy snoopy he tore up my sneakers everythin but not benji he jus lays around plays wit my mom my bros girl the baby and the neighbors dog

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
and thank u to everyone for there input i really areciate it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts