Go Pitbull Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my cousin pup snap yesterday and killed her yorkie.he is a very loving dog quiet and calm but the yorkie provoked him(kept attacking him) and tragedy struck she know he has to go for what he did, its just the fact that she losing to dogs know and she can't take it right know.she's going to give birth next month so all this stress is not good for her.so what im asking is should she try and out him up for adoption to give him a chance of life he's only 11 months.i know the pup personally and i cant beleave he did that.he never once showed aggression before till this day.she ask me to help her so what should i do.i live in n.y.c if anyone knows a place i can take him for a second chance at life or should i take him and put him down for her.

·
Banned
835 Posts
typical. happens every day. that should give her some comfort.
next time around she should read up on fighting dogs and their
heritage before owning one. lesson learned,..to bad the only one
suffering here is both dogs.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
This is what happens when people get a Dog Aggressive breed and neglect to properly own the dog. They set that dog up for failure and now blame the dog..

Find the dog a good home that actually knows the breed they are bringing into their lives.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats not helping,you can keep your negative comments to your self.so if there's anyone who wants to help me with the situation and tell me if i should put him up for adoption or put him down.

·
Banned
835 Posts
you're right..my apology,..you are the middle man and didn't need
the rousing. the dog just went dog ...it's not the dogs fault.
i would re-home it and hope that you get lucky and find a stable
owner. no need for both dogs to die.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Put him up for adoption. Make sure the person knows he should not be around other dogs or at dog parks. There is nothing wrong with dog aggression. It is what this breed was bred for. So there is nothing wrong with this dog so no reason to have him put down. If he attacked a kid or person that would be a different story but the dog did nothing wrong. Don't punish him for doing what he was designed for.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
The dog should not be put down for something it was bred to do.
Dog aggression is 100% natural in these dogs. I'm not even sure that a vet would put this dog down,if it is healthy.
There is no reason to. Adopt the dog out. Fine someone who knows the breed and has a nice yard set up away from other dogs.

I don;t like Yorkies. But it's sad what happened. I've went through this before.
My dog was pts,but only because she had many other issues before she up and killed a dog.
The dog killing was just the last straw for me.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you and i apologize my self .he's not aggressive to other dogs i just think the yorkie provoked him thats why im trying to help. he's is a very good dog.does anyone know a good place in n.y i can take him too.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
There is a Pit BUll Rescue in the area I think. I would be very careful who you adopt this dog out to, I wouldn't use craigslist and if you do be extremely thorough. I can see a lot of thugs trying to get the dog from you to fight it. I would also fix the dog before you adopt it out so there is no chance of it creating unwanted puppies.

"thank you and i apologize my self .he's not aggressive to other dogs i just think the yorkie provoked him thats why im trying to help. he's is a very good dog.does anyone know a good place in n.y i can take him too."

YOu have to reallize that the pup is more than just DOG AGRESSIVE and I am going to say he will go beyond simple dominance and dominant behaviors to warn another dog as he already proved. This pup means business(proved it already) and whoever you adopt it out to needs to know he is a hot dog. Too many people/rescues claim to know BULLY breeds out there but more than half of them will put a dog down if they are displaying the breed characteristics and this doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks david for the advice.i'll do that.just in ny its hard to put him in an adoption agency i been looking all day for one and my cousin is so distraught about this i dont know how long she can keep him in the house.and i really dont want to put him to sleep.he's to young and he really is a good dog.maybe if i can send him to a foster home or something like i'll be willing to help pay to ship him if possible maybe you know a place or maybe you know someone.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Jesus Lord you don't cull a dog for doing exactly what it was bred to do. You can't fix Stupidity! APBT= Animal Aggressive Requires a certain owner one who understands the breed and knows how to properly contain and care for them. The Yorkie didn't provoke anything genetics prevailed and that pup did just what it is genetically inclined to do. If you want to help this lady out stop making excuses and trying to figure out why it happened. There is only one reason why something like this could happen and it starts with the lack of breed education and ignorance on the part of the owner. The pup needs to be re-homed and placed with someone who is responsible and does understand this breed preferably with someone who has at least 10 years of bulldog exp.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
I realize that you are the middle man but the first two post were correct. This breed is not a dog friendly one and once more people understand that then we will start to see this breed come back to being owned by responisble people. I would re-home the dog. i would contact a pitbull rescue to help you out. I would also make sure the dog is neutered before it goes to any home.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
thats not helping,you can keep your negative comments to your self.so if there's anyone who wants to help me with the situation and tell me if i should put him up for adoption or put him down.
I stated what to do.. If you don't want opinions don't post on a PUBLIC FORUM.

Here it is again since you missed it the first time
Find the dog a good home that actually knows the breed they are bringing into their lives.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
first off ain't nobody making excuses for my cousin that's one ain't nobody ask for your negative to yourself saddie, cause i came here to get some good advice to save this pup stupid. i could have sworn when i first came to this site was cause i heard they give good advice. but every time i see a post of somebody asking for help its people like you trying to criticise people instead of helping them.maybe this site need to get people like you who like to try to under mind and scare people away who trying to find info and help of this site and people who want to help and educate people about this you idiot. and trust me the words i want use towards I'm not going say cause I'll just be down grading myself to your level. that way i stop coming to this site i don't know why i bother coming here for some help
I tell it like it is .. I don't hold hands and sugar coat anything I never learned anything the easy way. I have had tough love and embraced it along the way. I am sorry you think I am being negative because I speak the truth. I am not going to cry when I screw up I am going to take the heat that comes with it and learn from my mistakes.

I gave the best advice I could and handed it to you the way it would have been handed to me. If you don't like it that's fine. I am not being rude or critical just honest because I do care very much about this breed. And I am tired of ignorant owner's putting my dogs freedom in jeopardy. One owner with bad judgement and lack of exp can ruin it for those who are working night and day to preserve and keep these dogs safe.

You don't have to understand the bigger picture but you came here asking for good advice and you got it.

Best of Luck to you!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
first off ain't nobody making excuses for my cousin that's one ain't nobody ask for your negative to yourself saddie, cause i came here to get some good advice to save this pup stupid. i could have sworn when i first came to this site was cause i heard they give good advice. but every time i see a post of somebody asking for help its people like you trying to criticise people instead of helping them.maybe this site need to get people like you who like to try to under mind and scare people away who trying to find info and help of this site and people who want to help and educate people about this you idiot. and trust me the words i want use towards I'm not going say cause I'll just be down grading myself to your level. that way i stop coming to this site i don't know why i bother coming here for some help
You are an extremely rude and definsive person..

You got help, but people are going to say something about this situation so others reading CAN learn from it. This is not "OMG the Yokie was being stupid and got itself killed" This is about someone having a DOG AGGRESSIVE breed and expecting it to not be Dog Aggressive.

This is an all to common problem and if you are going to post about it people will respond. NO ONE was rude to you only commenting on the owners themselves and the situation, so get off your high horse of thinking no one is allowed to respond unless you agree with it.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
People here are tying to give you some advice and help, I wouldn't get so jacked up about it. Just google nyc pit bull rescue, there are a bunch of them, or take the dog to a local shelter and ask them to contact one of the bully breed rescue groups. Lots of shelters have contacts to breed specific groups that can help. But you're gonna have to do some leg work yourself. The dog should get a second chance, no doubt about it!
Good luck

·
Registered
395 Posts
if your cousin is upset, she needs to realize this is her fault and take care of it properly instead of stressing. her irresponsibility is putting this puppy's life in jeopardy. your cousin didn't do what SHE needed to do as a responsible dog owner and now you're asking if the puppy should be killed? that's a shame. the dog did absolutely nothing wrong. i definitely think you should find this dog a new home. the faster the better.

these stories make me really upset. i hope the dog wasn't punished for the human's mistake.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.