Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an American Staffordshire who is 1 year old and am flying into the USA (either Florida or Georgia) from Germany in 2 weeks. He only has German paperwork on him so what do I need at the Port Of Entry?

I have heard many horror storys.

Has anyone been though this yet or can point me to someone who has?

***I have heard crazy things like I need a hand written letter from the U.S. Embassy here to bring my dog back which sounds a little far fetched! Is that even probable? Or if I fly through England they will keep him and euphanize him within 48 hours if I do not have the right paperwork!!! Im a little worried about my buddy here ;) Any advice will be taken to heart!!! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE***

·
Super Moderator
4,579 Posts
All I know is England has a wicked long quarentine on animals brought in from out of country. So avoid them at all cost.
Wish I could help more then that.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I don't know off hand, but have many overseas friends on FB. Many are AmStaff people as well actually. I have posted on FB and will let you know what they have to say later today.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
So you need to call customs and the USDA. The dog will need to have a health certificate from the vet, be current on vaccination and I was told it will need a passport as well. What worries me is if 2 weeks is enough time to handle all this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Thanks SO MUCH YA'LL!!!!!! OVERALL I must say the best thing about being part of a forum is that you find people that actually care ;)

Some of you gave me some good advice and I will try to get the VET to write something (with me togethor in English) that tells Oscars whole story and of course the other paperwork mentioned above :) As of right now I cant even find a airline that will allow him on board :(

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Sure is handsome. Good luck. Most airlines refuse to fly bully breeds or any dog with a short muzzle due to breathing restrictions. It also depends on the weather. Can't be too cold
Or too hot.

Side thought. How come the little dogs can fit under the seat but if if want to but an extra seat for my big dog to sit in its not allowed? If I wanna pay why can't they ride with the humans like they otter dogs can??

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
lol

thx peeps! Ya just found out today if your going through any country and the weather is above 75 degrees you cant bring a pet. Oscar sitting next me on the plane would be cool but what if i fall asleep and they bring my food? think it would still be there when i wake up? :rofl:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts