Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my APBT, Shelby, for nine months now. When I rescued her I was told that she was crate trained and house broken. But you never know. She was really good for the first three months but then I went away for business for 5 days. A family member stayed at my house so as not to screw up the routine that we had established. I received a call on the last day that I was away and was told that Shelby had broken out of the plastic crate. They then bought a wire crate and she demolished that. I came home and tried another plastic crate but she would break out all of the time. I have been leaving her out and she pees and sometimes deficates. It has been getting progressively worse. I even paid for a trainer and even he could not get her to stay in the crate. I don't know what to do. I know this has to be separation anxiety. Sometimes she will go a week without doing anything then its a week straight of messes. I don't want to put her on drugs but I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel Any help will be appreciated. I almost forgot she is 1 year and 3 months old, still a baby.....

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
how is she put in the crate? go through your routine do you exercise her before you leave? does she have anything to amuse her in there? kong? bone? from the sounds of it could very well be boredom and pent up energy that needs to be burned.

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Like said above, does she have something entertaining her? Kongs with frozen peanut butter are great.

However, I do not recommend leaving a bone with a dog unsupervised. Dogs should be supervised while having bones.

If you are you could try exercising her before you put her in her crate and see if that helps. (Walk her out before and after exercise.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts