Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys my dog dog just got hit with a skunk and she is covered! What can I do to get rid of this, dose the tomato juice really work? Any help is appreciated!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Guys my dog dog just got hit with a skunk and she is covered! What can I do to get rid of this, dose the tomato juice really work? Any help is appreciated!
ACV or douche ;)

·
GP's Dr. Phil
3,732 Posts
Summers eve works for me!!! Hehehe sorry that rhymed but yea bud. Douches work great

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Douches <-----LOL!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im going to try this wish me luck!!!

1 quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide
¼ cup baking soda
1 teaspoon of strong liquid soap such as dishwashing detergent

·
Registered
776 Posts
that may work for the skunk .. but will it get rid of his " not so fresh feeling "?

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
i'd got with this( i heard it can bleach fur dont know for sure never had a problem with a skunk but the fiancee has)

"1 gallon water
1 quart hydrogen peroxide ~3% solution
1 cup baking soda
1 good squirt of hand or dish soap (preferably dawn dish soap)"

same as your just up the baking soda a little bit. baking soda works wonders for any smell...

"The mixture will fizz. Use a sponge and lather it into the fur/skin taking care to avoid the ears and eyes. Let it sit for 10 minutes, rinse and repeat.You need to repeat this a few times but remember to let the dog do its thing for about 20 min break mainly for the skin and for the doggies that don't like baths.
I used this on Keesha and the smell after one bath was actually quite tolerable then after 3 baths you could barely smell it after you get to the point where you can barely smell it go ahead and give the dog one last bath with its normal shampoo and this time if you don't use conditioner use it trust me the fur and skin will need the hydration.Use about a hand full wait 5 minutes the wash most of it off leave just a little bit on the fur it will give added smell good stuff to help mask the possible odor still on the dog plus it will hydrate the skin and full because baking soda and hydrogen peroxide can leave it dry and it could possibly cause dandruff." (credit stolen from my fiancee)

some people say orange baths and soda baths but its hear say

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
ouch...good luck w dat!

...pepe le peu is on da loose :hammer:

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
I think duckyp00's dog got skunked last year. You may want to shoot her a pm and ask her what she did.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Remove skunk odors by wiping down the animal with a 50-50 solution of white distilled vinegar and water, followed by a plain-water rinse. Repeat if necessary.

Found in 1001 uses for distilled vinegar

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'd got with this( i heard it can bleach fur dont know for sure never had a problem with a skunk but the fiancee has)

"1 gallon water
1 quart hydrogen peroxide ~3% solution
1 cup baking soda
1 good squirt of hand or dish soap (preferably dawn dish soap)"

same as your just up the baking soda a little bit. baking soda works wonders for any smell...

"The mixture will fizz. Use a sponge and lather it into the fur/skin taking care to avoid the ears and eyes. Let it sit for 10 minutes, rinse and repeat.You need to repeat this a few times but remember to let the dog do its thing for about 20 min break mainly for the skin and for the doggies that don't like baths.
I used this on Keesha and the smell after one bath was actually quite tolerable then after 3 baths you could barely smell it after you get to the point where you can barely smell it go ahead and give the dog one last bath with its normal shampoo and this time if you don't use conditioner use it trust me the fur and skin will need the hydration.Use about a hand full wait 5 minutes the wash most of it off leave just a little bit on the fur it will give added smell good stuff to help mask the possible odor still on the dog plus it will hydrate the skin and full because baking soda and hydrogen peroxide can leave it dry and it could possibly cause dandruff." (credit stolen from my fiancee)

some people say orange baths and soda baths but its hear say
I did this and it worked wonders! And thy for your help! And thanks 2 every 1 for their responses I'm going to to the Summers Eve tomorrow just for the hell of it lol and hopefully get rid of the rest of the odor!

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
no problem lol if the dog doesnt smell like :poop: any more i wouldnt really worry about getting summers eve, unless you see it happening again in the near future

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
I did this and it worked wonders! And thy for your help! And thanks 2 every 1 for their responses I'm going to to the Summers Eve tomorrow just for the hell of it lol and hopefully get rid of the rest of the odor!
:rofl: at your dog getting skunked!! My dogs got skunked when we first move out here and it sucked!! That worked for me too and yes vinegar has a ton of uses I use it all the time and will try it next time I get a skunked dog.

·
Registered
294 Posts
THAT is one thing i hope i/we/ me & bailey never have to go through again!!.

I did use the hydrogen peroxide & baking soda mixture (that was mentioned). it did work but i did end up doing it like 3 times w/ in a cpl wks then i decided to try the Natures Miracle Skunk remover. That stuff got the smell out great! For a while when she'd get wet she would smell a lil skunky but it went away. It was more around her nose, eyes, & ears sicne you cant get anything in that area. i would flush her eyes every day w/ water & salene. but I will tell you this after I used the Nature's Miracle Skunk remover I didn't have to use anything else bc that stuff worked.

You will probably smell it a lil bit for a while in some areas but over time it will go away

FTR she killed the skunk lol

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Im so glad were not infested with skunks lol. Never heard of
Using a doushe lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts