Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Hello i have a 3 year pitbull and i need some help the only problem im having is that my boy bam bam is very hyper dog i dont usually mind but when i have people come over he seems to not listen he jumps and wont listen i wondering what i can do any help is greatly appreciated again i thank you all for taking your time

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Hello. Welcome. What kind of exercise do you give your boy? Usually when try have too much energy they act out. You can have him run on a treadmill inside when you know or walk him for a few miles before people come over. I use a flirt pole or a spring pole when i know there will be a bunch of friends stopping by they tend to try and work up my boy without him being excited. Do you Have a kong? Fill it with peanut butter and freeze it. Could help keep him busy when you have company and not act out.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
sounds like a couple different things here. As ames suggested, you may need to provide some more exercise/playtime for him. I might even go so far as to say you need to do some reinforcement training with him. Working on all the basics like sit, wait, stay, down, heel, come, etc. It's best to work on training at this age with known distractions present so you can get him to focus on you & not the distractions. You might even try having him on a short lead when you have company come over, and issuing a slight correction when he shows his butt. You'll probably wanna put him on a sit/stay or down/stay and if he moves before you release him, correct him & put him back in the exact same spot you had him. Of course, if you've not taught him these commands, you can't expect him to understand what you want from. You may want to start there, and if we can be of any more specific help, please let us know.

Reactions: angelbaby
1 - 3 of 3 Posts