Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so things have been decent. I've taught her how to sit an almost got her to stay an how I said before my friend has 1 of her litter mates. So last week we brought them over to play with each other at his house an they did good. Today on the other hand was a turn for the worst. They came over to my house and at first his dog was just sniffing around an then she flipped out an got pretty aggressive. An this is what scares me. They did fine last week and not today. Any advice??

·
Registered
635 Posts
OK so things have been decent. I've taught her how to sit an almost got her to stay an how I said before my friend has 1 of her litter mates. So last week we brought them over to play with each other at his house an they did good. Today on the other hand was a turn for the worst. They came over to my house and at first his dog was just sniffing around an then she flipped out an got pretty aggressive. An this is what scares me. They did fine last week and not today. Any advice??
Ok well with this breed Dog Aggression is very likely. So it could be kicking in. This breed doesnt have to have "dog-friends" like some breeds. Could be territorial of its own house.

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
You always have to be on your toes with this breed when it comes to other dogs.. its normal.. its (most of the time) a good thing to not have other dog friends.. nothing to worry about just keep them leashed or crated when around each other :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dam see I let them run around and they both were very serious so I put my pup on a leash just to be cautious an sure enough she snapped at my friends dog. Im thinking maybe just her trying to protect her home but they both have been here together an now today a huge deal with her. Would it be a good idea to have them together again?? Take baby steps??

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
If it were me I'd keep her away from other dogs period.. it could end up a real big mess ;)

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
You can only teach a dog so much redirection, especially when it comes to DA. Why risk it in the first place? Even if they're litter mates, you shouldn't trust them NOT to fight. Dogs will be dogs, and when it comes to letting them play on one or the others' territory, they're going to be defensive, and even more so as they get older. No, there is no way of helping her with this, except to keep her away from other dogs. She doesn't need doggie friends. She needs you as a friend/companion. Nothing more, nothing less.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Yup dog aggression is common. I have had dogs grow up together in the house since pups and 1 day it changed. I wouldnt have them together anymore if I were you , really it isnt worth it.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
Yeah you can all still hang out just keep your pups leashed if you do not want to be 100% on guard when they are together. Better to be safe than pay vet bills I always say lol

·
Banned
118 Posts
Dam see that's not what I was hoping for lol. No way of helping her in this huh.
My dog had the same issue when he was young especially around food and his own house, they way i fixed it was a firm slap on the ass and a deep voice saying no. Now im not sayin beat your dog by any means but its just to let them know that its not ok... anyways my dog hasn't done it since he was 4 months old and i foster a lot of different pits and he never shows any aggression to any of them. U smack them on the ass and they put their head down and the tail between the legs and you feel all bad then you hyper and back to best buds the next minute just a way to discipline imo that works effectively. Hope everything works out!!! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts