Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i heard if a dog nose is dry then he or she is sick....my dog nose is dry for the first time if i could remember......he doesnt look sick at all...is it because he sleeps under the ac? someone just inform me so i kno what to do

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Is the dog hydrated, meaning if you pick the skin on the back of the neck, does it immidiately go back down or does it stay in the same place from you picking it up? It doesn't necessarily mean they are sick. hmmm hope someone else can help, is about my only thought on it. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Yes please make sure he gets plenty of water in this heat. Not sure where you are but there are record breakin heat indexes all over the US. Don't put ice in his water, just make sure the water is cool, also to keep him cool outside, put water on his paw pads and chest area. Also kiddie pools are a great investment, lol. ;)

·
ACCOUNT CLOSED
5,701 Posts
I've noticed my dog's nose being a bit dry before. But she didn't act sick so I didn't worry too much about it. Now if it dry and it feels very warm to the touch the dog may have a fever.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Loki's nose actually gets pretty dry when he's sleeping...not sure if its the temperature or humidity here or what but he never seems bothered by it. Especially right after a walk his nose will get so dry I used to worry about him but I always keep water in my room and where I feed him so I know he has plenty.

It might just be how he is Loki's gets dry or wet during the day. I might be concerned if it stays dry for a long time, just make sure he has enough water and isn't acting sick or strange in any other way.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
That is a wives tale and does not mean anything in the health of the dog. If you check for hydration don't do it right at the back of the neck as the collar and the amount of skin can make it look like it takes for ever to bounce back in place. In stead check farther on the back or side of the dog. Pick up the skin and if it bounces right back they are fine, if it is a little slow they need hydration. If it stays in place without going back down go to the vet!
Sounds like your dog is just fine his nose is just dry.... which means nothing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts