Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I rescued my dog dixie when she was 7 weeks old from a neighbor who could not/was not taking care of her properly. He said she is a pure pit but he had no papers on her. She has a beautiful brindle pattern that I have not seen on any other dogs. So, I was wondering if anyone had seen anything like her before? She definitely has pit qualities, but her snout is a little long. Her paws are fairly big, but she is 5 1/2 months and only 30 pounds. The guy I got her from had pictures of the parents, but it was hard to tell exactly how big they were. Is there anyway to know how big she will get? Any input AT ALL would be greatly appreciated. The first picture was when I first got her, and the other 3 are from about 2 weeks ago. THANKS

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
you can never really tell without a ped. Sure looks like she is some kind of pit bull, she sure is a cutie!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Brindle is a very common color and so are patches. At 6 months old she should reach the height she will be and will then fill in more mass wise as she matures. With out knowing what possible breeds she may be mixed with you will not know for sure until she actually grows up how big she will get.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Best guess would be to take her weight at 4 months and double it , that will be your closest GUESS as to finished weight. But depending on what breeds are in there that can alter what the size will be.

·
Registered
816 Posts
i mean without papers, dna ...its all a guess...from looks she definitely looks like she has pit bull blood in her....her face is a slim but then again u can find pleny purebreds the same....in the end....shes adorable and doesnt matter

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i mean without papers, dna ...its all a guess...from looks she definitely looks like she has pit bull blood in her....her face is a slim but then again u can find pleny purebreds the same....in the end....shes adorable and doesnt matter
Yes this is very true

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
What a cutie!I love her markings!While she definitely looks like she has some apbt in her,there's no way to know for certain without a pedigree.Kudos for you for taking this girl in

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
The best way to guess the size would be to try to view the parents. If you have any way of contacting whoever has them then that would be the best bet. Even then there's no guarantee your pup will be the same size but it would be a starting point.

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Best guess would be to take her weight at 4 months and double it , that will be your closest GUESS as to finished weight. But depending on what breeds are in there that can alter what the size will be.
I've found the 16 week age to be pretty close to the dogs ideal adult weight in most cases (medium sized dogs anyway) In scatterbred, or mixed breed dogs, the parents size can be pretty far off from what a single pup in the litter turns out.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Like others have said, you can't really know.

My dog's head was slim like that and now it seems a lot wider...

Look:

Now it looks wider

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like others have said, you can't really know.

My dog's head was slim like that and now it seems a lot wider...

Look:

Now it looks wider
Awesome. How old was your dog in these pictures?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts