Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum members,

I am moving soon to Winston Salem, NC and am in desperate need of a house or apartment that allows a pitbull. I am willing to live anywhere around Winston (Greensboro, High Point, Kernersville, Clemmons, Pfafftown, etc.) I have been searching for a month now and have found tons of places that allow dogs, but as soon as they ask what breed he is they say that they will not or cannot rent to a person that has a pitbull due to insurance reasons. I have even tried referring to him as a staffordshire terrier and they still refuse. If anyone knows of anywhere that I can live then please get in touch with me. I am trying to move ASAP, but cannot move until I find somewhere to go! And I hope that no one in this forum would be dumb enough to suggest getting rid of him, because that is never going to happen! Thank you in advance for any help that anyone can give.

·
Dirty Girl
927 Posts
I just had a house 2 doors down open up the other night (last tenants got evicted cause they were poopy lol)

I don't have the number on me right now, and I know the last people who lived there had a bully pup they kept tied up out front, and of course I have my 3. I'll pm you the address to my house and you google map it and check it out. Rent is 650 or 675, I pay 675, but I might be over paying lol. 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath. BIG kitchen area lol. Yard is not fenced unfortunately. But supervised tie out time is a staple for my crew. Neighborhood is quiet again now that they moved out lol. House was just redone before these last people moved in about a month ago. Landlords are pretty awesome. You need something fixed and they will do it, they aren't invasive landlords, maybe been in my house a couple times since they took over the houses late last year and only because we needed them to look at things. And never once said anything about my dogs. When you call just call him a mixed breed or a mutt and say you are a super responsible owner.

House to your right is vacant, has been for a long time. Wooden privacy fence in between you and the neighbor to the right. He's awesome though, keeps to himself, works at an E-Vet. Has a loud motorcycle but that's about it lol.

I've lived here just over a year and never had a real issue until the prior tenant lived there. I don't think they do lawn care, at least not for us lol. But if you don't have a mower you can borrow ours.

hmmm, I think that's everything lol. I'll shoot you a pm.

I live in Winston btw lol

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Do you know for a fact your dog is am APBT? I would say he is a mutt or your unknown especially if you got is from a shelter or a BYB.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just moved to Greensnoro on the 15th from PA. Been looking for housing since march. Looked in the high point , ws, Greensboro area and came across the same issues as you. I told landlords my dog has taken obidience classes and if they brought up the insurance card, I would tell them she has insurance. I have a $300,000 policy on my girl it's not that expensive. I was lucky to find a house with fenced big yard and landlord of care what kind of dog I had, as long I paid the pet deposit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts