Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just wondering if anyone has had experience flying with a dog?

This is my dogs first time flying and she is now 2.5 years old. We have the proper kennel, and all flying information we need we are flying for about an hour and a bit. Our problem is that she doesn't like the "airline" approved kennel. She is kennel trained, but to a wire kennel and she isn't happy.

Before I go further I want to make clear that I am going into our vet on Monday to get a professional opinion.

I keep hearing about giving dogs baby gravol before they fly. So I was wondering if anyone has advice/experince with this.

Thanks!!

**Sorry if this is posted already I have searched the forums and can't seem to find anything.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
when are you flying? any time to work her with the airline approved kennel and maybe let her get used to it for a bit before hand? You have to have something absorbent in the bottom when flying as well { atleast we did } using a blanket with your scent or from home will help as well .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are flying on Thursday. We have had the kennel for about a month and we have been trying everything on getting her used to it she's just being a stubborn fart and not enjoying any of it. I have blankets and pillows and all her toys for the kennel..I just know she isn't going to be a fan of flying lol.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
have you made sure your dog is not on the airlines banned list? Hate for you to get there just to be denied. I would also say freeze a kong with cheese or peanutbutter or something yummy and give it to her right before you leave her, should last an hour or 2 and give her time to settle. Not sure how long you are flying for though, as far as bathroom and what not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We aren't on the banned list thankfully! Oh I'm not worried about the bathroom and stuff cause it's a short flight only an hour and bit. I have all her toys ready to go into her kennel and I will definatly fill her kong with PB. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts