Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my puppy koda, pit mix, i am getting him next week, the person who rescued the pups and mom said he has to seperate koda from the other pups because he is aggressive towards them. he wants me to get him asap cause he has to keep him seperate. any advice on how to deal with him?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Dog aggression is normal , It could be just normal rough play but could also be a sign of things to come.DA { dog aggression } is normal and very common in this breed, I would use the search button at the top and look into dog aggression. As long as you are properly set up and are responsible there should be no issue. What is he doing where the rescuer thinks he should be seperated already and how old is the pup? I wouldnt take the pup younger the 7 weeks , they learn how to play with there litter mates and if taken too soon they miss out on that and you may have a harder time with nipping and such. Congrats on the new addition though , post some pics when you get him.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have read up on dog aggression and am completly prepared for it, the puppy is 9 weeks old. the rescuer just says that he is too rough with the other pups. this is what he said to me
i am serious he is going to be a handful and agressive i fear i am gonna have to take him out seperate he's too rough on the smaller pups
he needs to go as soon as you can
that boy got skills
if he is taken out of the mix it will slow down but that teaches dominance and if he gets used to it he will continue to try and master everything
but he is a smart little guy,he will be quick to catch on
u gonna be here thurs right?
he is serious more than playing
and has ripped two pair of jeans and he's just 9 wks old lol

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
LOL one of my pups used to rip pants he was horrible. 9weeks is more then old enough to go home and sounds like rough puppy play. Pups can get real rough , but you should be fine getting him now and just go through normal puppy training. You will have to curb the nipping habit most likely as you do with any pup , so stock up on those chew toys and bones lol. Crate training is a great tool as well , Incase you havent looked into it yet. Best of luck , will be watching for pictures :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea my circumstances wont let me get him till thursday i am with my parents till then and they dont even want to help transport him to where im moving, thou i might be able to convince them to let me get him early for my birthday, but i doubt it, i plan on crate training. him as i read up on it and think it is a great idea, least i can go out and not worry about him getting into things. i have stocked up on chew toys, kongs and some other chew toys, :) and probably going back to get some more.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
Good luck! Hope To see pictures of him soon :) lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok just got back from visiting. my boy is the biggest of all the pup's. he is about 1 inch bigger than the rest and about 1-3 pounds heavier it looks like. he is the only one with black spots on his tounge. he is kinda stocky. and independent. i think they have some lab in them. i got some pics of him. but he seemed more independent than the other puppies. he would play a little bit than would go lay down. i watched him with the other puppies they would be growling at him, playing, and he wouldnt even growl back, could kinda tell he was a little shy but after he got used to me he sat on me for awhile, i picked him up and he jumped out of my arms i was so worried, he yelped and went and layed down, i went and got him to see if he was ok and he was he sat on my lap again. he is such a sweetie. he will be independent. the guy said that once he gets tired of playing with the other dogs and they continue to play he will get nasty with them, which i think is normal, but i will watch him. i will get him thursday.

Attachments

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Cute cute cute!! Hey the bLack spots on his tongue could mean he is mixed with chow or shar pei. Of course you'll never know for sure but its fun guessing. I have a chow/malamute mix and his tongue is all purple and he is the same color as your pup.

He looks like a big mush of adorable puppy! He is sooooo cute!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
such a cute lil guy. I think the getting cranky when he dont want to play is normal too. Pups can get snarky to eachother and it can sound alot worse then it really is.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea i think so too. when i was there i dont think i even heard him growl, even playing around, the other dogs were all over him sometime and he didnt mind too much, after a little bit he would leave and go lay by himself. i watched him carefully the whole time i was there but will continuie to watch him once i get him and will take preventive measure. he was a little stand offish i will work more on socilization once i get him. i will take him everywhere and get him used to people and i think that will take care of the shyness some.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts