Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i had my puppy ears crop,the vet told me take off the dandage tomorrow and after what am i suppose to do to have the ear stand? sorry i am a total noob

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Your vet should be providing you with specific aftercare instructions. Was this a traditional crop with scalpel and sutures? If so, those need to be kept clean. (I have no idea what the aftercare is on a laser crop.) The sutures will need to be removed at about 14 days. You could do this yourself, but you probably already paid for suture removal with your crop, so take him in and have the vet do it and examine the ears. You'll need to keep him from scratching those ears in the meantime. Might need to buy an e-collar (aka, the cone of shame). This is just the first part of the aftercare. Afterward you get to worry about taping, gluing, massaging, etc., to get the ears to stand correctly.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I would deff have a cone on her , once they start to heal it will itch and she will try and scratch you dont want her to damage or pull stitches it can cause scaring and hinder the healing. Usually { we did laser with one of our girls} its about 10 days until the stitches come out { ask your vet he probably told you whento return for that} may be a few days more depending how they have healed. We didnt do muchyou want to obviously keep her out of the dirt and stuff. Is she on antibiotics? thats about all we had to worry about was the medication each day. As far as posting the ears to stand you dont want to do anything to them until they have healed and stitches are out , then you can take a look at how they are standing and decide if you need to tape or not. If they arent standing right in 10 days or so you can post a pic there are some good threads that go through step by step onhow to tape them available to you on here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yes she said 10 days to bring her for it to be remove i will get the cone, all she told me was to take off the bandage tomorrow 9 ( which is today ) and apply so powder that all she told me to do.It's a scalpel and sutures cut no laser

Yes she's on antibiotics for seven days she also give me the tablets

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
ok just follow her instructions I dont know anything about the powder but if she gave it to you and told you to use then do so , get the cone today before you take the bandages off. Id take her with me when you go get it unless you have someone home to watch her could come home to her tearing them off and injuring her ears if left alone without a cone. post some pics up when they are unbandaged :) would love to see.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry this morning before i left home for work i took out the bandages cleaned up the ear and applied the powder my mom played doctor for the day lol i already put on the cone sorry there a picture for her with the cone

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
how long did you ask the vet to cut them? looks like right now they may need to be posted but dont worry about it for the next few days until the stitches come out.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
maybe later you can get a better pic , closer up just of the ear. too me it looks cut wrong , but it can be just the picture and just having the bandages off making it look weird. calis ears are a bit shorter then 2 " hers are considered medium { between short and show} . again maybe just the pic would help to see some better ones in a couple days or so maybe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts