Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some serious adivce...

on Aug 16th my step sis got hit by a car and is in critial condition... her head was in the wheel well of the car and they said it's unbelieve she is alive... she looked like 2 face from the dark night her one side of the face was messed up but the otherside was good like nothing was wrong with it... now the person who hit her was her girlfriend Meesha (she's gay) they were arguing over some b.s... but here's the problem, everyone knows my puppy Keyshia well I gave my sister Keyshia when I was in the hospital, then she re-homed Keyshia with my permission with Meesh in like May/June, they did a co-ownership deal.... Now there is this HUGE civil case going on my step father and mother are sueing you know the deal... Our main concern is Keyshia... Does anyone know how to go about getting a dog back? I do have a contract from the breeder who I got Keyshia from with MY name on the contract for the dog... but Idk who's name is on the UKC papers it's either my sister's or the girls...

I don't live with them I'm in another city but I want my dog back... I feel as though if the girl did this to my sis when she got mad then WTF is she going to do when Keyshia acts up or something... Plus I believe the girl doesn't deserve shit after what she did...

So has anyone ever had a co-ownership and went through this? or can anyone give me some advice?

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Sorry to hear about your sister I hope she is ok.
Do they have a co-ownership contract with your sister and the girl who has the dog? If so what part of the contract has that girl broke? These answers will determine if you can go to court over the dog.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly idk what they have... my sis has serious head truama she can't remember anything really... I have a contract from the breeder of the pup saying that it's my dog because my name is on it but idk if they have a contract but like I said they were going out soooo I doubt there is a contract type of deal with them...

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
then you might not be able to get the dog back with out a contract from who you gave the dog too. You can try and ask for the dog back and see what happens but since you gave him away even without a contract you might be out of luck. Sorry!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea thanks anyway... My moms lawyer is writing Meesha's family a letter asking for the dog back... He said that since I have a contract and if the UKC papers are in my sister's name we might beable to get her back legally... idk yet :( i just my dog back

·
Registered
962 Posts
:hug: for your family, what a tragic event made worse by people.
i have no real advice except try every option you can think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts