Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here lately ive noticed that diesel has been eating not so much of the food i am giving him,but when i go to my girl's house he ends up chowing down on some pedegreee, could it just be the possiable thing that he is tired of this taste? or is it something critical going on like worms? when i rub him i can feel his back bones and what not,and at all times he has at least two cups of food in his bowl all day long, could it just be the fact he is going threw a growth spurt? or just not eating at all? it has me and my family all concerned abou him:(

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Do you have photos of him so we can see his weight? He is most likely chowing down of the other food because it is like a treat to him, something different than his food. It doesn't mean he is hungry.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I switched food flavors when that happened to me and if it goes longer than 3 days I'd address it otherwise he's probably just tired of it. He's obviously ok bc he's eating the other food..I wouldnt feed a dog pedegree but I would switch food.

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
Sounds like he has just created himself a little habit.. and PK is right.. its like a treat cause its not his food and its new and new flavors.. no biggie if he is still eating>>

ever think of feeding raw>??

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it will be late this evning before i can get any pictures of him, i have a bunch of recent one's on my camera, but im not any were near at the moment, but i will asap, and no i have not thought about a raw diet, what all does this consist of?

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that's alot to read, ill have to finish it tonight when i get home from workin

·
Registered
106 Posts
If he looks mal nourished then you could try Nutri-Cal to add a little thickness to him. This is used on digs that won't eat. And as stated, try switching his food up. I have my dogs on a 3 month rotation of BBW duck & salmon and I'm thinking of add the chicken flavor in the rotation now that they have it back in stock here.

·
Registered
106 Posts
what is nutri-cal?
Nutri Cal

It is used for dogs that won't eat and under weight dogs. You should post a pic of your dog. If your dog is a young pup (less than 6 months) then you should not be seeing his spine or rib bones. This product will not add muscle only fat. You can find it at stores like pet smart or petco but post a pic of your pup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts