Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was walking Kaos. He gets all the love around here because he’s so people friendly. Anyway the first guy we came to was playing with him and proceeded to ask me if he was a pit bull or a Mastiff! Uhhh Kaos is 17in at the withers. Smallest Mastiff I’ve ever seen! I told him he’s a mutt but with some pit in him when another guy came along that caught Kaos’ attention.

He stopped but was very unsure. Kaos is dancing around like pet me, play with me! The guy was very timid and asked if he would be ok. I told him he was safe and that the worst that would happen would be a doggy kiss and maybe a an attempted jump but I had him on a short leash. We talked for a while about the breed and mixes and the truths vs stereotypes as he got more comfortable with K and got more reassurance from me. I certainly didn’t push the interaction but the guy was sincerely in awe of my boy and curious. He was amazed at the strength of the dogs and said he had never pet a “pit bull” before. We talked some more about dog safety and how he should never approach a dog before asking permission and how the same rules apply to all dogs.

By the end of the conversation he was squatting down playing with my clown and petting him clearly happy to be doing so. One small victory achieved! It helps that K is such a clown and so friendly with people. You can’t help but laugh at his antics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's awesome you took the time to chat with the guy and let him hang with Kaos. Now he learned a little bit and Kaos got some loving :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts