Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
View attachment 9451 Okay I know this is for pits but my chihuahua had testicles that didnt drop we were advised to neuter him because of the chance of cancer ... we said ok ... they could only find one and explored they couldnt find they other at all..My problem is they mutilated my dog they cut around his penis he is literally screaming we cant touch him to medicate him cause he bites.....shouldnt they have called us to let us know of the complication instead of cutting this little 10 pound dog up and when we called them shouldnt they have told us ??????? I will never in my life neuter another dog the scar is at least 10 times the size the said it would be and ive never seen a dog in so much pain my wife wants to sue them my kid is crying uncontrollably and I am trying not to hurt anyone for what theyve done to my boy people have gone to jail for less and they say this is helping him bull!!! any feed back is greatly appreciated I will post pics asap but cant touch him now the time is 835 pm on 4/19/2011 please help folks Im desperate and upset. we got a pic see how it seems they cut his penis ???? keep in mind that it goes around the other side its like they cut the whole sheath that houses his penis off and resewed it back on as soon as we can get more pics we will post em

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
I have never in my life seen anything like that and I was a vet tech. My aunt had a GSD that had a testicle up around the penis and he had to be operated on twice to remove it. Where your chi has the stitches is about where my aunts dog had his. I don't remember it looking like that though. It's called an undecended testicle or Cryptochidism and the cancer rate is very high unless you neuter. I would go to a different vet and get a second opinion on the neuter they did on him and then call the veterinary board and file a complaint if the other vet finds what they did to be unnecessary. Did they explain everything they were going to do to him to you??

http://www.vetinfo.com/undescended-testicle-in-dogs.html

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Is that maybe what happens when they have to explore and find the other testicle? I have no idea. I've never seen anything like that before. You need a new vet, pronto. If they can screw up a neuter by cutting in the wrong spot, what is going to happen when you need something really tricky done? Jeez.

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yes they explained the procedure but this is in no way what they explained. its supposed to be a small cut and this is huge not to mention the dog is screaming and crying. I will get a second opinion and report them if need be I am i total shock and im disappointed in myself that I let this happen to my poor little dog I let him down.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
yes they explained the procedure but this is in no way what they explained
Read the website I provided before you jump the gun and think it is NOT what is supposed to happen. It is a very invasive and delicate procedure and more serious than a quick snip and tuck with a neuter. It is an exploratory procedure as well. If they can't find the other testicle they have to look for it. As I said my aunts GSD got fixed twice because they couldn't find the other testicle the first time. It's unfortunate but these things happen and it is hereditary and can be passed on to the pups.

Reactions: aus_staffy

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
I also think that you need a new vet. Regardless of whether they had to do it that way or not, you should have been kept in the loop and informed. Hope he heals up OK, mate. Looks painful.

·
SASSY MINX
3,473 Posts
I also think that you need a new vet. Regardless of whether they had to do it that way or not, you should have been kept in the loop and informed. Hope he heals up OK, mate. Looks painful.
:goodpost:

They didn't give him anything for the pain??!?

When I had my two cats front claws declawed they were given pain meds & antibiotics. If they knew it is that invasive - obviously by the stitching (which looks horrendous) they should have at least given him something to ease the pain. I agree find a new vet & get a 2nd opinion asap

Edit:
There also looks like there's a testicle behind his penis to the left. It could just be the photography & lighting but looks sketchy to me

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Blue your right it is after all exploratory and the kicker is they never found one . Im just tired angry feeling like a loser cause my family is terribly upset but logic says its probably for the best but gosh seeing him all messed up and crying I have to honestly say it just messes me up. sorry but thank you it is true when they say cooler heads prevail

·
Take no prisoners
554 Posts
did they give that dog any pain killer, god I hope so poor thing. I would have that dog into another vet tomorrow just to double check the work, it just doesnt look right to me... but then again I am not a professional nor experienced with this type of thing.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Blue your right it is after all exploratory and the kicker is they never found one . Im just tired angry feeling like a loser cause my family is terribly upset but logic says its probably for the best but gosh seeing him all messed up and crying I have to honestly say it just messes me up. sorry but thank you it is true when they say cooler heads prevail
Amen to that man! I would definitely get a second opinion though just in case. I would also go back to your vet and speak with the vet who performed the surgery and get your questions answered. I feel for the little guy and I don't blame him for being cranky plus he is a Chi after all LOL! Attitude-ish little suckers LOL! Kind of scary that they couldn't find the other testicle to. What did they say about that?? They did do what was best and healthier for him. I am telling you a regular neuter is nothing.....I used to assist on the procedure. It is very quick and the boys act like nothing ever happened LOL! I have to get my girl spayed eventually.......now that is very invasive on a female.

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well they said it appears as if he has only one testicle but if he mounts a female it means he still has one and bring him back and they will find it at a minimal cost ( like thats gonna happen) since they only found 1 shouldnt it be half the price. and yes bright and early we will be at our secondary vet for a second opinion.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
well they said it appears as if he has only one testicle but if he mounts a female it means he still has one and bring him back and they will find it at a minimal cost ( like thats gonna happen) since they only found 1 shouldnt it be half the price. and yes bright and early we will be at our secondary vet for a second opinion.
That's crazy. They can't base him mounting a female to have another testicle in him??? Neutered males will mount another dog... boy or girl....it's a dominance thing. Definitely get a second opinion.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
That's crazy. They can't base him mounting a female to have another testicle in him??? Neutered males will mount another dog... boy or girl....it's a dominance thing. Definitely get a second opinion.
:goodpost: That means the female dogs I've seen mounting other dogs must have testicles too!

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
The neutered males I know hump just as much as their intact counterparts.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
My God, that looks horrible. My heart goes out to the little guy. I'd take him to another Vet ASAP and see what they say.

If the other Vet thinks it doesn't add up, i'd say you should take some sort of action (probably Legal, but a Buck knife and a dark alley might be in order too).

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nate my wife just talked me off the ledge as well as blue but legal without a doubt. and of course another vet asap like sun up. on a good note hes sleeping thank the lord poor little guy

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
nate my wife just talked me off the ledge as well as blue but legal without a doubt. and of course another vet asap like sun up. on a good note hes sleeping thank the lord poor little guy
Well keep us updated, I want to hear how this turns out. I can't imagine what you guys are going through - you must be ready to kick down their doors.

I've been waffling back and forth on whether to get Kane snipped or not - either way I was planning on waiting til a year or so for him to fully develop his height, and granted he doesn't have the same testicular condition but this might be the scale tipper.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
I would take him to an emergency vet and get him some pain meds, they can give him morphine or other meds to make him comfortable as well as get a second opinion Take pictures and document everything. You could have a lawsuit on your hands! I was a vet tech for many years and have never seen a vet butcher a dog like that. You do not cut around the penis like that, there are far better places to make your incision and explore. Poor guy!!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts