Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow is neutering day! Haha I'm taking Cain in to do the deed at our local humane society. Some generous person raise enough money so they could offer a free pitbull spay/neuter clinic through February. Our appt got pushed back bc of weather last week.

I know he needs crate rest for 7-10 days. It's just been a VERY long time since I've dealt with a neutered dog. All of mine at my parents were neutered when I was younger and they're small dogs and just slept the whole time lol (except for our Pom. He was mad at us ha!)

Any other tips for when I bring him home? Just don't want to miss anything with him.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
5,335 Posts
Hello Cain's Mom,

I had my boy Titus neutered last month. My vet told me the same thing--- keep him rested for the next week. When he was picked up I expected him to be groggy from the anesthetic and it pain. Wrong assumption on my part. He behaved like nothing ever happened. Saying he was perky would be an understatement. All he wanted to do was play (as usual).

I did put him on a leash when I took him outside to keep him from running around the yard. You will have to watch him and make sure that he doesn't lick his stitches. If he does a collar cone will stop that. My vet used dissolving stitches and Titus never bothered with them. I hope it goes that easy for Cain too.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
5,335 Posts
Thanks for update. Can't much blame him for being unhappy when you dropped him off (LOL) but I'm glad to hear all went well. Hope he has a speedy recovery without any problems. My best guess is he won't miss a beat.

Joe

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
poor Cain! So glad it went well!

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yes he's playing the poor me haha. The whole car ride home he was all out of it and as soon as we got home and saw Sheba kenneled and instantly perked up! Haha he's in a kennel by me now protesting his imprisonment haha

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
haha My vet knew me too well and she kept him overnight cause she said she didn't think I would make him be crated all night and day. She was right, I just picked him up and off the couch for a day or 2, I wouldnt let him go anywhere lol

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol that's all he wants is to be on the couch. We are gonna do a little crate and rotate with them so he can be out throughout the day too to walk around (trying to go to bed after he's been crated for long periods and only out for a small amount is NOT fun haha). I think if I lifted him on the couch he'd lay and be good. I'm gonna test it out tomorrow when I'm home and see how he does just laying with me. My husband went to get his cone of shame since I have school and while we're sleeping we can't be watching him. It's going to be a LOOOONG week 8/

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He has figured out he is indestructible with the e-collar haha. He just runs into things. My legs mainly. He's acting 100% better yesterday but we're making him be calm.

And Ames he was on the couch haha. I'm like you. Lifting him on and off

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wishing the best. Im sure he will be kinda out of sorts for a while???
He got home Tuesday evening. Wednesday when I got home and went to take him out he acted like nothing was wrong at all! He's been acting completely fine but we are keeping him on a lot of crate rest and if he's out it's monitored. Like I stated, I let him lay on the couch with me by lifting him up.

·
keep it REAL
971 Posts
Good to hear he did ok...dont really know how good a guy can do...but..he is ok and bounced back nice, which is great! Hurts to think about it!! lol

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good to hear he did ok...dont really know how good a guy can do...but..he is ok and bounced back nice, which is great! Hurts to think about it!! lol
Lol that's what my husband said haha. I was very proud of him. They said he was one of the most well behaved there so that made me happy. But it's definitely gonna be a long week haha

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
Odin was fixed the day we brought him home from the shelter. i didnt crate rest him, but hes not really that hyper of a dog so everything turned out ok.

good luck Cain! u'll be back to urself soon!

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cain is extremely hyper lol. He loves to just run so I think that's the hardest is making him not run everywhere-mainly outside. It's finally nice and he can't play outside :(.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Cain is extremely hyper lol. He loves to just run so I think that's the hardest is making him not run everywhere-mainly outside. It's finally nice and he can't play outside :(.

Conan will be feeling it come Monday when he gets his operation. I'll have a while week off and can't even do any exercise with him.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Conan will be feeling it come Monday when he gets his operation. I'll have a while week off and can't even do any exercise with him.
Hope everything went well for him:)

Cain has healed up well since his neuter. He had a small saroma on his incision that I was watching and using a hearing pad and cold pad on him and its gone now. He's back to his normal self and was very excited to be off rest only haha

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hope everything went well for him:)

Cain has healed up well since his neuter. He had a small saroma on his incision that I was watching and using a hearing pad and cold pad on him and its gone now. He's back to his normal self and was very excited to be off rest only haha

conan was pretty much back to normal before the next morning, and by the next day he was acting like it never happened. almost like he's got MORE energy now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts