Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My vet said 6 months is when I can get my boy neutered. I've had people tell me he can get it done now. Is there a difference in getting it done now or 6 months?(he's 4 months) or should I wait even longer then 6?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
4,595 Posts
If I had Ecko as a puppy I would have waited until 2-3 years old. I have no intact females in the house and he is kept contained and controlled at all times.
This is just my opinion though. I'm sure others will chime in.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
I didn't have a choice with Odin either but given what I know now... I would waited till he was done maturing.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Yep. What the others say lol. Cain was intact until 1. Ammo probably won't get neutered until close to 2. But it is your choice. Some neuter early. Some wait. I personally wait bc I want to make sure they mature. Sheba was spayed at 6 months so I don't have to worry about her and ammo. And my dogs are contained.

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah see that's exactly what I was thinking but didn't want to have my ass chewed bc so many people are for neutering right away. I would like him to be fully matured before I do that. He is not going to be around any intact females so I kinda wanted to wait until he was fully matured.

My sister got her boy done at 5 1/2 months, and I'm sure it's just his personality, but there's nothing "manly" about her male dog. I'm sure neutering before he even matured had *something* to do with it. But I could be wrong.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,564 Posts
Yeah see that's exactly what I was thinking but didn't want to have my ass chewed bc so many people are for neutering right away. I would like him to be fully matured before I do that. He is not going to be around any intact females so I kinda wanted to wait until he was fully matured.

My sister got her boy done at 5 1/2 months, and I'm sure it's just his personality, but there's nothing "manly" about her male dog. I'm sure neutering before he even matured had *something* to do with it. But I could be wrong.

I got Odin round a year old and he got fixed from the shelter. Not real early but not fully mature either.... but he acts like he's still got the full package. Lol! That's for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got Odin round a year old and he got fixed from the shelter. Not real early but not fully mature either.... but he acts like he's still got the full package. Lol! That's for sure.
I was thinking about around a year to do it, maybe a little longer. He's my only dog and he has DA so it's not like he's going to be around other dogs.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Cain was 1. We made the decision to do it then because our humane society was doing "pit bulls" for free. And I took advantage of it lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts