·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
cute pup , welcome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol he does have some monster ears in his pics but in person they are never up that high that long to notice. im thinking he may need to put on a few pounds as well. seems like he has some filling out to do

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
lol he does have some monster ears in his pics but in person they are never up that high that long to notice. im thinking he may need to put on a few pounds as well. seems like he has some filling out to do
The leaner the better....he looks perfect the way he is because I see some waist definition in the second pic. Keep him well excercised and on a good premium diet and he will be fine. Even if he is going to be a pet bull give him some outlet to workout...flirt pole, spring pole, walking or jogging with you etc. daily excercise is key ;) as far as him being pure bred or mix...you will never know without papers but just enjoy him :) sounds like you already do. Welcome to the forum!! He is adorable by the way :roll:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess the main reason I'm asking is that most people who have seen it say it doesn't look like a pit...I don't know if peoples minds go to American bullies when they think of a pit or what

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also at what age do pitties start naturally filling out and actually complete there growth (outside of the realm of owners working them out)

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Mine didn't seem to mature fully with filling out till around 2 yrs of age.
And yep most people seem to think that a pit looks like a bully.Your dog is adorable!I love his ears.

·
Gotta Love Them Red Dogs!
487 Posts
He is absolutely gorgeous,
what a looker!

I definetly think he is purebred;
A lot of people just don't know what a APBT should look like & instantly think of dogs like Quake from "Ultimate Blue Pit Bulls" who IN FACT aren't pit bulls but Am.Bullies. My boy gets mistaked as a mix all the time too. I've just learned to educate people.

:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He is absolutely gorgeous,
what a looker!

I definetly think he is purebred;
A lot of people just don't know what a APBT should look like & instantly think of dogs like Quake from "Ultimate Blue Pit Bulls" who IN FACT aren't pit bulls but Am.Bullies. My boy gets mistaked as a mix all the time too. I've just learned to educate people.

:)
Thanks your pup is gorgeous! How old? That is the fullness I want out of my guy

·
Registered
79 Posts
Umm I do not think anyone who has never had a pit or even bullies, knows what one really looks like!!! I have had ppl ask if mine is a black lab just cause she is black(or really dark blue lol)! I have to hold back and stop myself from asking if they are really that dumb??!! lol

Seriously though I think he is adorable and I LOVE his ears. Looks pure to me!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts