Go Pitbull Forums banner

New addition....sort of.

1K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  ThaLadyPit 
#1 ·
Well, about a month ago now, I added a new addition to the family, so he's technically not a new addition anymore.

GP Fam, meet Sparky. He's a 6 month old Chihuahua (CKC reg'd, lol), and is adapting very well to the family here! He loves Trinity, and I swear he's an APBT trapped in a Chihuahua's body! He displays some of the same behaviors an APBT would, but that could just be my imagination since I'm so desperately wanting to bring Snoop home already, or it could just be the "Big dog syndrome" as I call it. He doesn't like any other dogs, period. He don't seem to mind strangers, as long as he's allowed to sniff em first. He's a sweetheart with us, and alerts us when he hears anything at all (which we need here where we moved to b/c we're in a not-so-good part of town). Anyways, w/out further ado, here's Sparky everyone!

Took these 2 pix at the park today, while Trinity and I were having McDonald's for lunch.

Holly, please tell Snoop I'm working on bringing him home ASAP! I'm in a spot where I can have him now, and I'm working on a plan to come get him!

See less See more
#3 ·
Well, I grew up with Chi's, Eng. Mastiffs and every mutt imaginable in between, so I know how to handle them lol. He loves to take a bath, and loves getting towel dried even more, he gets the zoomies afterwards. He lets Trinity feed him his kibble by hand, we're working on leash training (he had no collar, leash or crate training with his previous owner). He came already housebroken, so that's a plus lol. He knows when we sit down to eat, he goes in his kennel, so he doesn't put up a fuss about that. He does cry and whine a bit when we leave him home alone, but he settles down quickly. He cries/whines to go out. It took him about 45 mins - 1 hr to adjust the first night, then he was chasing Trinity through the house, trying to play with her. The only real issue we have is him humping her stuffed animals, lol. But, I guess that's better than him humping either one of us!

#4 ·
LOL! He sounds like a good little dog! Our friends have 2 Chi's and I really like them! I wouldn't have one because I like my dogs to be pretty rough and tumble lol I think I would accidently hurt a Chi by stepping on it or sitting on it. lol Our friends little Chi's kept jumping underneath me when I went to sit down on their couch. I was thinking "do you guys have a death wish" lol

#8 ·
LOL! He sounds like a good little dog! Our friends have 2 Chi's and I really like them! I wouldn't have one because I like my dogs to be pretty rough and tumble lol I think I would accidently hurt a Chi by stepping on it or sitting on it. lol Our friends little Chi's kept jumping underneath me when I went to sit down on their couch. I was thinking "do you guys have a death wish" lol
I know, I can't stand it when a small dog gets under my feet, especially when I'm doing something, like cooking. :hammer: But, he keeps himself entertained by humping teddy bears, or playing with Trinity, so that isn't much of a problem.

He is just cute as can be Bev.I really like him.When I first got Pretty Girl I had a chi.I loved him something fierce.Maybe one day I'll get another one.Till then I can just look at yours.So keep the pics coming!
Lol, Lisa. I definitely will. Gonna try and get some really good pix of him with Trinity. These pix I posted were taken with my phone's camera lol.

hes adorable!!!!
Thanks Jessie!

Awww what a cute snack! Oh I mean puppy lol... :D Take you time hes just sitting here waiting for you :D
LMFAO @ snack Holly! I know he's waiting for me, but I don't want to keep him waiting too long, ya know!? Trying to figure out how much it'll cost me to come out there and back home and set up a budget lol.

#7 ·
Awww what a cute snack! Oh I mean puppy lol... :D Take you time hes just sitting here waiting for you :D

#10 ·
Congrats on the new addition. What an adorable little guy!

I love that little ear flop!
Ha ha! Yes, the ear flop. I thought about taping his ears to correct them, but then I said, "Nah... it adds character, lol." Both of his ears actually flop at the top, and he's got an adorable little under bite (not sure if you can tell in the pic or not), but all in all, he's a great little guy. I've got plans to get him neutered when he matures a bit more, being that I have no desire to breed or anything like that, and since he's CKC reg'd (well, I haven't sent in his reg papers). But, he fits in just fine, so he's a keeper, lol.

#12 ·
Lol @ underfoot for a name! He's pretty good though. He's learning very quickly that he's not allowed in the kitchen when I'm preparing food, and he either gets crated or put on the other side of the baby gate when it's meal time. Trinity loves to share her food with him lol.

#14 ·
Lol Nisse! He is cute, and spoiled rotten, of course! Thanks everyone for the compliments on my little ankle biter!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.