Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!! I just wanted to post and say hello to all the beautiful doggies an pups out there! Im so excited to be getting a pitt. She is so beautiful. the breeders named her lilly and i think its so perfect! I pick her up on the 3rd in SC im so excited to spoil my little girl. anyone have any tips or thoughts for my first few days with the babe. Also im going to be traveling 12 hours with her. how many times should i stop to feed her and let her use bathroom. i know cars can make some dogs sick i hope she is ok with it. I know im going to have to bring a portable food container and something for water. hopefully she sleeps most of the way! :) LOVE my girl :woof:

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
How old will she be when you get her? I traveled 18 hours back with a 6 month old. I drink alot of water so she only needed to potty when I did. She was fed after the trip and given water a couple times if needed on the way, but she just chilled the majority of the trip. Its pretty cold out so I don't think she should get to warm in on the trip to need to drink alot.

Welcome to GP and I can't wait to see pictures :D

·
Registered
771 Posts
Welcome, lots of good knowledge on here.

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Welcome to GP and to the breed. I am sure you will learn a ton here, like how Pit only has one "t" since they aren't related to Brad ;)

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
Welcome to GP and to the breed. I am sure you will learn a ton here, like how Pit only has one "t" since they aren't related to Brad ;)
:rofl: that's good

To OP welcome I can't wait to see your baby!!!! As far as the ride goes as Holly said how old is the pup if you are looking at an 8-9 weeks old pup I would say every few hours you should stop for potty breaks and access to water one maybe once mid trip. I would also wait till you get back home to feed her yes puppies need feed several time a day when real young but she will not starve for just the one day and you do not want to make her sick if you can help it!
Please keep us updated and PICS ASAP!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts