Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
welcome to the forum , cute pup but not a blue. You have a cute lil brindle pup.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Love me some brindle pups. Cute pup. Like anglebaby said...definetly not blue, but a beautiful color in deed

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha thanks guys, i was going for Blue nose pit when i said "new blue pit" i have always loved brindle and finally have the chance to own one! shes about 35lbs, with a 16 inch head. shes beautiful and full of energy!!

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
Brindle is one of my all time favorite coats, especially with the mask. Very pretty girl! People are often confused over the whole 'blue nose' thing, since it so often thrown about or used as a sales pitch. It's just a color, not a type. Since your baby has nice, non diluted pigment and black nose leather, she does not have a 'blue nose'. If someone used that line when you got her, you can tell them they are idiots next time you see them, lol. If they are friends of yours, you might have to be a bit more subtle, or not)

Good luck with her! You might want to check out some threads on food. It looks like you are feeding Beneful? (might be pedigree or puppy chow, I can't really tell from the pic) She might do better on a higher quality kibble.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Hi and Welcome! She is a doll! Definitely brindle and definitely get her off the puppy chow or beneful as was already pointed out to you ;) That stuff is like us eating Mcdonalds everyday filled with fillers and nasty ingredients. What are her bloodlines? Is she registered? 35 lbs at 5 months seems pretty big. She is a cutey!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hi and Welcome! She is a doll! Definitely brindle and definitely get her off the puppy chow or beneful as was already pointed out to you ;) That stuff is like us eating Mcdonalds everyday filled with fillers and nasty ingredients. What are her bloodlines? Is she registered? 35 lbs at 5 months seems pretty big. She is a cutey!
thanks! i love her! having a hell of a time getting her ears to stand up straight (the fold to the top of her head when shes alert)been taping since two weeks after the stiches came out
she has been on Ol' Roy since beginning of December, she only has a little of the left and i was thinking of switching to Bil-Jak??? heard it was good quality stuff?

yep, had her weighed at the vet not too long ago. just looked at her papers and she was born August 10th so i guess that would make her 6 months old:hammer: she is registered and as soon as i can get my hands on her bloodline papers ill let you know.

here's a picture of her mom "candy and dad "Kush"

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brindle is one of my all time favorite coats, especially with the mask. Very pretty girl! People are often confused over the whole 'blue nose' thing, since it so often thrown about or used as a sales pitch. It's just a color, not a type. Since your baby has nice, non diluted pigment and black nose leather, she does not have a 'blue nose'. If someone used that line when you got her, you can tell them they are idiots next time you see them, lol. If they are friends of yours, you might have to be a bit more subtle, or not)

Good luck with her! You might want to check out some threads on food. It looks like you are feeding Beneful? (might be pedigree or puppy chow, I can't really tell from the pic) She might do better on a higher quality kibble.
ya i think in that pic was beneful kibbles, but she has been on Ol' Roy since December and has about 10lbs left of the 40 lb bag and thinking about switching to Bil-Jac??? its expensive but if its better for her im all about it

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Umm bil jac is crap to :flush: Go with taste of the wild if you are worried about money...it's a grain free better quality food and alot of people who have a tight budget seem to really like the quality. You don't know what bloodlines your girl even is? The breeder should have been able to tell you that without looking at papers. Her mother looks like she is a mix of english bulldog :confused: something different looking about her face. The dad is pretty good looking though :) Look at this thread and pick a better food. What you are feeding her now is filled with chemicals, artificial coloring, corn and I'm not even going any further than that. Ol'roy is terrible food and I don't care how much I had left....I would get her off that stuff.
http://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutrition/3749-pet-food-rating-comparison-chart.html

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
Her sire, Kush, is a very handsome dog. Looks like they might be Am Bully though. Poke around in the Am Bully 101 section if you're confused (since she will likely come with papers that say APBT). There is a whole ton of false information out there regarding pit bull type breeds and despite our best efforts to beat it back with the stick of truth many new members such as yourself end up here with completely false ideas about the breed(s) such as "Blue Nose" and "Red Nose" being a type of pit bull.

You seem to have come with an open mind and eager to learn so props to you and welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Patch-O-Pits

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Umm bil jac is crap to :flush: Go with taste of the wild if you are worried about money...it's a grain free better quality food and alot of people who have a tight budget seem to really like the quality. You don't know what bloodlines your girl even is? The breeder should have been able to tell you that without looking at papers. Her mother looks like she is a mix of english bulldog :confused: something different looking about her face. The dad is pretty good looking though :) Look at this thread and pick a better food. What you are feeding her now is filled with chemicals, artificial coloring, corn and I'm not even going any further than that. Ol'roy is terrible food and I don't care how much I had left....I would get her off that stuff.
http://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutrition/3749-pet-food-rating-comparison-chart.html
money really isnt a worry, i want the best food for my girl so ill take a look at the thread you gave me. and the breeder showed me the chart of her bloodlines but i was too excited to see her to pay attention to what he was saying lol and i agree the mom's face is different, i thought that when i first saw her but Cammo seems to have Kush's head anyways.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Her sire, Kush, is a very handsome dog. Looks like they might be Am Bully though. Poke around in the Am Bully 101 section if you're confused (since she will likely come with papers that say APBT). There is a whole ton of false information out there regarding pit bull type breeds and despite our best efforts to beat it back with the stick of truth many new members such as yourself end up here with completely false ideas about the breed(s) such as "Blue Nose" and "Red Nose" being a type of pit bull.

You seem to have come with an open mind and eager to learn so props to you and welcome to the forum!
i agree, after i got her and started doing a little research it seems shes a Bully, especially for her weight at 6months(her papers did confirm APBT). my family has always owned pits but this is the first pit i have bought and cared for myself. so needless to say i am a noob to the specific information of my girl. i am definately trying to learn though

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
Cute pup! I'm glad you are taking in all the info here. Unfortunately, it sounds like the breeders misinformed you...

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
i agree, after i got her and started doing a little research it seems shes a Bully, especially for her weight at 6months(her papers did confirm APBT). my family has always owned pits but this is the first pit i have bought and cared for myself. so needless to say i am a noob to the specific information of my girl. i am definately trying to learn though
With all that being said...welcome aboard!! Glad to have someone willing to learn...there is tons of info and tons of experience on this board :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cute pup! I'm glad you are taking in all the info here. Unfortunately, it sounds like the breeders misinformed you...
thanks! im not too worried about her being an AM Bully instead of APBT as long as she's healthy!! are there any know health issues with mixing these two dogs?

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
thanks! im not too worried about her being an AM Bully instead of APBT as long as she's healthy!! are there any know health issues with mixing these two dogs?
I'm assuming her parents weren't health tested of any hereditary diseases before they were bred. Isn't really common with this breed because there are so many BYB's of pit bulls. Hopefully you will be spaying your bitch and enjoying her as a pet. Sounds as if she is scatterbred which isn't a bad thing but with scatter breeding there's no way to tell how they will turn out for size. Some maybe more bully where others maybe more APBT. It's a crap shoot really which is why breeding bully to apbt is frowned upon.
http://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutrition/41483-common-health-issues-breed.html

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I'm assuming her parents weren't health tested of any hereditary diseases before they were bred. Isn't really common with this breed because there are so many BYB's of pit bulls. Hopefully you will be spaying your bitch and enjoying her as a pet. Sounds as if she is scatterbred which isn't a bad thing but with scatter breeding there's no way to tell how they will turn out for size. Some maybe more bully where others maybe more APBT. It's a crap shoot really which is why breeding bully to apbt is frowned upon.
http://www.gopitbull.com/health-nutrition/41483-common-health-issues-breed.html
Ya she will get spayed, don't care for breeding her, screw the money she's my baby! And I feel more and more clueless the more y'all tell me haha I emailed the breeder for the full bloodline so hopefully I can get that to y'all soon. He was a breeder from Houston, but like I said I'm pretty clueless on all this, (only 21, im sure someone will say it but yes i have a stable job,house, and she gets out of the yard to run and play 3+ times during the day, even more on weekends) so I'll learn as I go and get more informed on the specifics. Thanks for everyone's help

1 - 20 of 24 Posts