·
Registered
64 Posts
She's so cute! A guy down the street from me has a pup that looks like her

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah shes too cute. I had to grab her. And they get along great. I was concern at first but they cant be apart now lol

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
very cute, but most dogs are fine while one or both are young. Watch them as she matures and gets closer to the year mark. Read up on here about dog aggression and crate training and DONT leave them together unattended. Accidents take 5 second to go from bad to worse. Noone should own mulitples of this breed and not be aware of the potential issues that can come up. Very cute duo though .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. i grew up with this breed so im HIGHLY educated on multiples living together. thanks for your info. but its how you train them that they will NOT have ANY accidents!! ITS ALL ABOUT DEDICATION AND COMMITMENT.....

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
wow I wouldnt call that highly educated. Its not about how you raise them its about genetics and what they were bred for. You obviously lucked out having multiples before but I know some highly educated breeders and trainers on here who have multiples and who have had accidents and know not to trust them not to fight. Might want to research some more, this its all in how they raised crap is where we see the most accidents. An accident on your yard can very well effect everyone else who owns this breed.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
Thanks for the info. i grew up with this breed so im HIGHLY educated on multiples living together. thanks for your info. but its how you train them that they will NOT have ANY accidents!! ITS ALL ABOUT DEDICATION AND COMMITMENT.....
:flush: just another "think they know it all" ain't ya? I've been around these hounds, well in short i've grown up around them.. "All in how you raise them" is just another PETA loving hippy phrase for those who think you can train genetics, never been proved wrong UNLESS we aren't talking Bulldogs or genetic factors.

Any dog CAN be DA or fear aggressive (commonly mistaken for DA/HA) if you factor in x and y, however not every dog breed has it instilled genetically as these pit dogs.. Their existence can be thanked by them early dogmen people like you despise, otherwise these Bulldogs wouldn't be anything like they are today.. 1976 wasn't all that long ago... And around the world it is still legal, despite right or wrongs one may view the subject.

I guess since your so educated you realize "blue nose" is just a color of a nose and by defining what you have, or rather, putting heavy emphasis on what you have as such is ignorant as it means absolutely nothing?

The color blue (or dilute of black, rather) is not the color of a Bulldog (APBT) however is found commonly in the American Bully community, hell almost as such it might as well be the "choice" of "colors".. ANYWAY, just wanted to clarify that as well.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
wow I wouldnt call that highly educated. Its not about how you raise them its about genetics and what they were bred for. You obviously lucked out having multiples before but I know some highly educated breeders and trainers on here who have multiples and who have had accidents and know not to trust them not to fight. Might want to research some more, this its all in how they raised crap is where we see the most accidents. An accident on your yard can very well effect everyone else who owns this breed.
Yep, i can't have mine together at all.. Well, occasionally in VERY short bursts but thats it.. Other dogs? Ha :flush:.. Might as well be a boar, deer or any other wild animal.. But thats because im a POS and trained my hounds to hate everything that moves.. Though there is that thing called.. Gah, whats the word?? Pr... Prey drive? And uh... I think theres some other foreign jumbles i might be missing... :thumbsup:

People like the OP would MUCH rather have the purpose taken out of all dogs and just have pets world wide.. Killing hounds purpose since the dawn of PETA..

Reactions: EckoMac

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Funniest stuff I've heard all day :rofl:

·
Gotta Love Them Red Dogs!
487 Posts
Yep, i can't have mine together at all.. Well, occasionally in VERY short bursts but thats it.. Other dogs? Ha :flush:.. Might as well be a boar, deer or any other wild animal.. But thats because im a POS and trained my hounds to hate everything that moves.. Though there is that thing called.. Gah, whats the word?? Pr... Prey drive? And uh... I think theres some other foreign jumbles i might be missing... :thumbsup:

People like the OP would MUCH rather have the purpose taken out of all dogs and just have pets world wide.. Killing hounds purpose since the dawn of PETA..
KM-- Just wanted to tell you I love you man LMFAO :rofl:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Damn i just notice these Dumb ass post pple talking shit about someones pups and genetics seriously yall need to calm down ...lol Are yall living witb me ?? Do you read dog minds ? Let me guess yall no it all. And i aint no hippy brah. So watch wat yall say I havent said anything towards anyone to talk trash. If yall aint got nothing to say GOOD, then dont say anything at yall ....hahaha ysll pple are to funny

·
End-F0rum-Communism
717 Posts
Damn i just notice these Dumb ass post pple talking shit about someones pups and genetics seriously yall need to calm down ...lol Are yall living witb me ?? Do you read dog minds ? Let me guess yall no it all. And i aint no hippy brah. So watch wat yall say I havent said anything towards anyone to talk trash. If yall aint got nothing to say GOOD, then dont say anything at yall ....hahaha ysll pple are to funny
They are dumb? Oh wow, please enlighten us on line breeding, inbreeding, outcrossing, genetics, DA, HA, PD, Social Behaviors, and all the Skin Conditions these dogs suffer from? The people who replied have 4+ dogs, and know what they are talking about.

You remind me alot of the people on EE, full of themselves.

I can tell you this, I know enough to spell correctly before I insult others. You're an idiot who thinks hes a gangster/cholo 'brah'.

Your dogs sucks. Let me tell you why they suck, because they're stuck with an idiot like you.

Next time you log in tyrone, type your shit up on word document, and spell check it.

Lol i bet you got that dog from a backyard breeder, with no papers LOL, even people who adopt/rescue get papers with minimal dog information, what do you have, a plain o dog BRAH.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Everyone here has the dogs at best interest. Saying your dogs dont have the same genetic makeup the rest of the breed has is ignorance at its best. I dont doubt you have had dogs before that may have gotten along , hell I have dogs who are fine together as well. I also have ones who arent, they were raised together and in the same was with boundarys but they changed at about a year. All people are saying is to take precautions incase this does happen. This breed was bred to fight other animals if you want to admit it or not , its in there genes and even if its not DA that kicks in it can be prey drive. You came to a good forum but you seem to be so closed minded and already think you know it all cause you had a few pets before who luckly were fine. We are just saying dont set your dogs up to fail , it really does effect the breed as a whole when there is a accident that gets blasted all over the media. And you know the 1st thing we hear on there from the owners " he has never done this before, he is loving and loyal , or so great with my other dogs " they dont see it comming because they failed to research enough and learn about the genetics in this breed. Thinking for some special reason there dog was different then the rest. Noone who has responded to you in here is a dumb ass , the only dumb ass would be the one who isnt listening and who hasnt researched this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Cute dogs. :) I love that coloring.

What's wrong with just having dogs as pets? Companionship is a purpose too. It's just a different kind of purpose from working or showing.

And having dogs as just pets does not make one support PETA. All of my and my families dogs have just been pets and I hate PETA. My family doesn't seem to know much about PETA though and don't seem to care either way.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Cute dogs. :)

What's wrong with just having dogs as pets? Companionship is a purpose too. It's just a different kind of purpose from working or showing.

And having dogs as just pets does not make one support PETA. All of my and my families dogs have just been pets and I hate PETA. My family doesn't seem to know much about PETA though and don't seem to care either way.
He isnt saying there is anything wrong with wanting pets , but it is taking away from the original purpose of the breed, they are a working breed. However just having them as pets you cant expect the genetics to change they are still the same , but alot of pet people want to act like it isnt there and they have a loving pet who can go play at dog parks and ignore the fact that DA is part of this breed for the most part. Its just the mentality he is saying changes when someone owns this breed for the purpose it was bred for vs the person who just wants it as a pet.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's true sometimes that pet owners think like that,but not all the time. I understand that some people think like that,but I want one as a pet,but still understand that they may not get along with other animals or dogs.

It would be nuts to put them with another dog without without watching them carefully and well socializing them,but it can be done. However, it takes alot of work and may not always work, but it is possible. This site shows a nice video of a friendly pitbull and boxer living together. I don't necessarily agree with the training methods in the article though mostly since I hate the Dog Whisper because like another dog trainer(who I sadly don't remember now) said in one of their dog training books, Caesar has set dog training "40 years back" with his methods and that positive reinforcement,not dominance, is key, and dogs don't have to dominanted to be good dogs. I'm going to go with the second trainer because my boxer was a really good dog. I did scold her when she was bad,but I never dominated her or corrected her for wagging her tail too fast or something that didn't seem to be causing any kind of problem, only if she tore up the house or something did I correct her. Any way, here's the video:

Dogs Only Need Love

Is it just me though or does that boxer look like he could care less about his owner? He doesn't even get up to greet her. He only gets up in the second part of the video where there's food involved. Poor dog doesn't look like he's getting what he needs emotionally from her. The pitbull seemed to be fine with her though and happy. I feel bad for the boxer though because he seems depressed. He barely even responds to the pitbull. But I clearly don't see any sign of aggression between the two dogs. The pitbull looks like he just wants to play with the boxer when he goes up to him.

·
487 Posts
Cute dogs. :) I love that coloring.

APBT's are a working breed. They need to be worked, not just sitting on a couch doing nothing. You will find from using a dog for it's purpose of working and giving them a "job" you will have a much sounder hound. Your dog will not only gain a bond with you through working them but it keeps them physically and mentally sound. You want a dog for ONLY companionship and sitting on the couch there is many breeds that may better suit you. I am not saying that they are incapable of being a pet, Mine is a pet. But he also works for me; flirt pole, spring pole, runs, hikes, weight pull, ect. If you don't work a working hound you're carrying a loaded gun. KM is very intelligent when it comes to this breed, step back and read up.

·
487 Posts
Just like people that say their APBT would NEVER hurt another dog.

This statement pisses me off the most because the ignorance that flocks around these dogs is the meer thing that causes the breed to have such a bad image. Look at media cast... "Pit bull attacks neighbors dog and kills it" then the owner gets on saying "I don't know what happened, he/she would never harm another dog. I raised them better than that."

Genetics are NOT something that you can train out or fight. Embrace the breed and learn. This breed is capable of amazing things when in proper hands but idiots often get ahold of them and it all goes down hill from there. Do I think it is possible for APBT to coexist with other dogs? Sometimes. Would I trust an APBT unsupervised with other dog? Nope. And I don't find that to be a problem, that is the breed. When you get an APBT you need to be ready for all that comes with them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just becuase someone has one as a pet doesn't mean they just have them sit on the coach . They can take them out for walks and stuff to let them exercise. They don't have to work. My friend has pitbulls or pitbull mixes that she doesn't work,but just keeps as pets and they are really sweet. She even took them into a Petco and they were fine being around the other dogs and stuff.

They can be put with other dogs sometimes,but it may or may not work. I know of pitbulls that are together with other dogs and haven't had issues. Heck, Ceasar(the Dog Whisper), as much as I hate him, has a whole pack of pitbulls he keeps together without any problems. Do I think it's a good idea to put them together? No. But is it possible that they can be put together without problems? Yes.

At alot of people: Also,wow, you guys in this thread aren't being very nice to the OP. They were just wanting to share their joy with someone of getting a new family member, not be yelled at or criticized because of what they call their dog or because they have more than one dog together. You guys here seem to be really against dogs as just pets as if its some kind of mortal sin to own a dog and not make it work. :( Wow. We are not in the 1900s. Dogs don't have to be used for working purposes anymore. They can just be kept as pets as long as you give them enough exercise with walks and stuff. And don't use the excuse it's a working breed. So are boxers,but I never worked my boxer and she had a great life. Long daily walks were enough for her.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts