Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I recently received my first pitbull! Yup my 4 year old daughter picked him out. It was between the pit or a toy poodle. It surprised the hell out of me that she picked the pit. Im pretty happy about the decision. She decided to name him Charlie because he is brindled color. She said that his whole name is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I decided that that name was too long. Well if anyone has any input on raising and training a pit im all ears!!!

·
The Yard Of Many Colors
3,420 Posts
Welcome to GP :D wed luv to see pics!!!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Welcome :) she did make a great choice. However, this is a breed that is going to need alot of exercise. And they can also be dog aggressive as well as have small prey drive. They are also extremely loyal and loving to there families and great with kids! Ask as many questions as you need to and look around at some of the "stickys" listed at the top of threads. :)

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Best direction we can point you in is it to view the General Discussion area, at the very top, there are "Stickies" as BNB said, that cover picking a pup, socializing and training, NILIF and other various things. You'll also find more in-depth info under the training section, again int he stickies, as far as training your pup.

Congratulations on your new family member, and welcome to our pack. Don't hesitate to ask any questions, or for advice. Glad to have you and I hope you enjoy your stay on our yard. I look forward to seeing pictures of Charlie and watching him grow, as well as getting to interact with you more in the future.

·
Rather be hunting/fishing
401 Posts
Welcome aboard! If you stick around here, you will find out that a lot of people here are very knowledgeable with APBT's and bully breeds in general. You will need thick skin here and there, just as a fair warning. I meant that more for being around the general public, because most do not understand how awesome these dogs are.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Welcome, poodle or pit bull thats kinda on opposite ends of the scale there. Did you do any research before hand to make sure a breed would suit your home? Like mentioned above use the search button and look up as much as you can think og or just browse the general forum. I would look into the crate training threads, dogs parks and why to avoid them , socializing , and dog aggression to start with . Best of luck with your new pup, post some pics when you get a chance :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well your daughters got good taste even if I do like poodles too haha but it wld always be pits b4 poodles for as long as posible lol. I would say my advice to 1st time pit owners is - you now have a dog child who likes to work and play hard and be happy they just want to please you too, you also have a pysically talented dog who has a tendancy to grow into a strong prey drive and/or become dog aggressive..do your research on these things, be prepared and you will be very happy and understanding of the needs of this brilliant K9 you now have in yr family. He will love you all the more for that and you will apreciate him all the more for what pure awesumness he is :D

Reactions: ThaLadyPit

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone! I actually received him from my x-girlfriend's sister. the were a 4 pups in the litter and her husband sold 3 of them the day before we picked up Charlie. Once she found out that her husband sold her dogs to shady people she got pissed and decided to give Charlie to us for free. They just got married and he hates dogs. She has been breeding for years. He's just an ass. He sold them when she was at work!

Yes. I have always wanted a Pit. I have researched them for years. Just never thought that the wife would allow it. She is terrified of the breed. So far she is doing ok with it I guess...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts