Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new here from south Georgia! Have three pits..joined cause I figured there are a lot of people here who love them as much as I do. My friends and coworkers are tired of me talking about my dogs lol.

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
Hi & welcome to the pack! Where about in South Ga are you from? I used to live in Valdosta and then moved to TN. We'd love to see pix of your pack, so be sure to post them up in the pictures section! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Oh! And the picture albums are broken, so if you try to create an album, I'm just warning you, it won't work, lol.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
welcome to the forum, but if you want to talk about your dog we need to see pictures too :)

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
I moved from Nashville TN to valdosta about 8 years ago!! I'm tryin to post these pics but my phone is being really slow so it might take a minute to get some on here
:hammer: wow! How crazy is that? I just left Valdosta and came to Morristown in May of 09, lol. Yeah, my phone is slow on uploading pix too, so don't feel bad. Can't wait to see them though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
new new

im also came from new to here im in victoria texas and my lil girl ''felony carolina davis '' came from edge kennels her mom is pr edge of destiny and sire is scarecrow kennel pr zero my baby traces bacc to throwin knuckles i cant wait to see your pics and ill post mine also

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
cute both of them that pup is so sweet. Dixie sure has an intense look to her.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea Dixie is all dog lol..she loves to swim and she would probably be a good hog dog she could run for days..I just seen a dog get split open before by a hog and I don't think I could let that happen to her..ringo is the exact opposite..

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
awwww that picture of Ringo is adorable, great smile. Good looking crew you have, welcome! I love to talk and listen to others talk about dogs all day so you are in the right place :)

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
Hey, Steve! If you like to hike with your dogs, I know a great place to go. Used to take my dogs out to the Lowndes/Brooks County line past the Race Way out by Val Tech/Valdosta State Prison, on Little River. If you're headed towards the prison from St Augustine road by where they just built the Olive Garden, you're gonna make a left turn at that light by the prison, and follow the dirt road straight. It's not too far off the highway, and when the tide is low, you can go under the overpass to the other side up behind the prison. But, I used to hike the opposite direction just because there's more to explore the other direction. Spring and summer time, you gotta watch out for those huge Banana Spiders because they spin their webs clear across the path lol. People do go back there and practice shooting, so beware of guns/empty shells, and shots being fired lol.

Also, if you're looking for a good obedience class and or conformation training class, contact the Canine Clubhouse on Janet Street. They have a great instructor that is not discriminatory of APBTs or breeds of the like. I'm not sure if Jay & Marie are still participating, but when I was involved there, they had much advice to offer for AKC/UKC events and were starting their own kennel called Southern Grace. They referred me to a great vet in Tifton (about an hour up I-75) that does great crops for a really decent price. If I can be of any more assistance, please let me know. I'll do what I can for ya.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow thanks!! I think I know where u are talkin about..never thought about takin my dogs there but now I know. I really wanted to take them to grassy pond its a military reservation. It has a 3 mile nature trail but you can't have pit bulls on any type of military base or military anything which is absolutley ludicrous. glad I have a place to enjoy myself and my dogs.
They built a dog park somewhere I don't know how long its been there but I just heard about it but I don't think I would feel comfortable taking my dogs there.

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
i know about Grassy Pond, and the breed ban on military installations. I'm prior AF, and my ex-husband, though deployed right now, is still ADAF. Glad I could be of some help to you. Please, even if you find the dog park, don't take your dogs there! Your setting yourself and your dogs up for failure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.