Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. New here. Just wanted to check out and see what it'd be like to belong to a community with other APBT or Bully owners. We've got three APBTs; 2 females (the blue and fawn ones, 2 and 3 years old) and 1 male (white with patches, 5 months). All three are fixed so we're not looking to breed. Just wanted to speak with you guys and was wondering what you thought of our pup. He's 5.5 months and weighs in at a 40lbs. He's almost as tall as both of our females. I posted a pic of him that I took two weeks ago (Titan and one of his best friends, Bissel lol). Check it out. :woof:

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome to GP! Cute pup. Do you know what bloodline he is? He's kinda big for an apbt. I have a bully and he was around that weight at 5 months. He now is 11 months weighing 75 lbs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Not too sure on his bloodline. We weren't too concerned about it since we didn't have plans on showing or breeding him. He was definitely the biggest of his litter though. His parents weighed about 50-60lbs but I have a feeling he's going to be bigger than them. The owner of his parents fed him Diamond and gave him supplements (I believe it was BullyMax) until he was old enough to come home with us; however, we don't give him any. We feed him TOTW puppy kibble now. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
For some reason the site won't let me start a new album and upload new pics but here are pics of our other two. A little bit of an older pic from last year's Super Bowl weekend when it snowed out here in the DFW area where they played in the snow for their first time and then a pic of all three of them together.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One more pic... just because he was too cute. Now he's just a terrorist haha. We took this when we first picked him out from his litter when 2-3 weeks old.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Love it. Your pup is too cute btw. We're thinking about transitioning him to Wellness Core once he's old enough to eat adult food.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Very cute bunch you have, I agree the pup looks huge. You may want to watch his weight as he grows too, his pasturns look weak and that can be made worse if he becomes obese or heavier. Just a thing to keep in mind and watch his weight. Welcome to the forum , looking forward to seeing more pics of your crew :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. It's crazy how fast he is growing. He only eats twice a day and it's less than the recommended amount, yet he's still the size he is. We walk them at least 3 miles a day and let them run loose in a park with their ball for like half an hour. It was hard to get it done this winter though, thanks to the crazy Texas weather. :/

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Welcome! Cute crew! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! Your dog looks amazing. She almost looks like the father of our oldest. He had a blue coat with the exact same markings. I couldn't tell what color she is... blue or black? Either way, she's adorable and you have her in awesome shape.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Thanks. It's crazy how fast he is growing. He only eats twice a day and it's less than the recommended amount, yet he's still the size he is. We walk them at least 3 miles a day and let them run loose in a park with their ball for like half an hour. It was hard to get it done this winter though, thanks to the crazy Texas weather. :/
Just be careful letting him loose in a park. No matter how well socialized he is with other humans and dogs our breed has DA/HA. IMO....

·
Super Moderator
4,586 Posts
Welcome to GP.
That puppy has monster paws. LOL! I look forward to seeing him and his giant feet when he's grown.
All of your dogs are gorgeous. :)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Just be careful letting him loose in a park. No matter how well socialized he is with other humans and dogs our breed has DA/HA. IMO....
Our breed DOES NOT have HA , that is not tolerated or shouldnt be. Any HA dog regardless of breed shout be PTS. that is not a trait in this breed though, DA yes HA no.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Karma: What's DA/HA? (sorry, still a noob lol) We've trained and raised them to not get too far from us at the park, only if they're running after the ball. Every normal park goer who goes to the park nearby our house knows our dogs and we know theirs since we take them pretty much every day. So it's all good here.

EckoMac: Thanks! I know right? He's a monster lol At least that's what the hubby calls him as a nickname.

·
Super Moderator
4,586 Posts
Our breed DOES NOT have HA , that is not tolerated or shouldnt be. Any HA dog regardless of breed shout be PTS. that is not a trait in this breed though, DA yes HA no.
:goodpost:

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Jackson , DA = Dog aggression
HA= Human aggression

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
:goodpost:

Karma: What's DA/HA? (sorry, still a noob lol) We've trained and raised them to not get too far from us at the park, only if they're running after the ball. Every normal park goer who goes to the park nearby our house knows our dogs and we know theirs since we take them pretty much every day. So it's all good here.
Welcome! Dog Aggression is something that these dogs are known to have and can show anywhere from 10months-3 years (but DA can appear at anytime really. You NEVER know when it will appear, because you have never had a problem you are not necessarily on the lookout for it.. Human Aggression is NOT a breed trait, as angelbaby said, and no pit bull with Human aggression should be tolerated. Too many people think they are the same (DA vs. HA), they are VERY different. Back when the breed was founded, how would a handler go inside the box with 2 dogs without the risk of getting hurt if Human Aggression was tolerated in this breed? Could not happen. Any pit bull that displays HA was put down. Then you have people who try to train these dogs to be a guard dog (who have no clue) and all they do is create unstable pit bulls who are going against their genetics and then might not know which human is a "good" human and react as such.

If you go to a park, please make sure it is not a dog park, and PLEASE make sure it is enclosed so no other dog can accidentally wander into your pack.

·
Registered
190 Posts

Dog aggression / human aggression. And angel baby is right. I kinda slipped with writing in HA. Human aggression doesn't mean with you could be with anyone else. And as she said it is not tolerated but I don't think they should be PTS. My GSD is DA and kinda HA. She doesn't really like people other than my self and my fiancée. But I'm not gonna put her to sleep. I know that she can't be around other animals as well as I know how to handle her with people.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Angel, Ames, Karma: Ohhhh okay. Well, thanks for the info. We rarely take them to a dog park. They play so rough I'm concerned another dog will take it the wrong way haha. So dog parks are pretty much out the question for us.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts