Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Just found these boards while doing some research. I'm the owner of 2 non-bully dogs but a long time bully lover and I'm looking to finally add a pit bull mix to our family. My question is for anyone who owns pitbull crosses, especially mastiff-PB mixes.
I found a gorgeous female puppy at a shelter, so who knows what she really is...but to me she looks like a PB (mom was a 70lb PB). Anyone have any advice on adding a third dog? My other two are male- a 7yr old GSD cross, 50lbs, he can be a little dominant at times; and a 4yr old chihuahua who I know can hang with big dogs! Both boys are neutered and the same will happen for any new additions. Thanks for reading and any info is much appreciated!

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Well as a member of the multi dog household I can tell you that if you are perpared to crate and rotate this could work out for you. If you are willing to exercise and socialize(not with other dogs but with new surrounding and people) then this coud work out.

I think it is best since you have two males to add a female as this breed does tend to do better if you have the opposite sex.

if you decided to get her be sure to work on her obedience training/verbal commands.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
welcome. I have a multi dog household and it can work , key is to be prepared if it doesnt and have a crate rotate thing worked out in advance so your not scrambling :) if your willing to put the work into it it can work just fine :) good luck in your decision .

Reactions: pitbullmamanatl

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! I'm definitely a fan of crate training and plan on working with her constantly on obedience training and doing lots of socializing with people :) Filled out the adoption application last night so I'll probably hear monday if little sister is coming to live with us :D Thanks again for the input and the welcome!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts